Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HEEEELP PLEEEEESE!:ausflag:

Hungry

I know this has been asked before, but, how do you download photos to this site. I am not very computer literate, and need DETAILED step by step instructions to achieve this delicate procedure, because my 9 year old Granddaughter lives too far away to get help, Pathetic Isn't it ? Please help.:surrender::throw:

I don't know if this will help but here goes when we got our camera we got a disc with finepixviewer with it when I'm in the photo gallery with the photo i want on my post up it has some bars on the side i click the one with image utilization on it the go down to re size image click that & it will go to a little box with the choice of sizes i pick the smallest this box also has the option of sending it to a file in my pictures which is easyer to get the pictures from to put in your post then open new post & click on upload photo a little message will come up there click on browse then click on my pictures then click on the file you put the photos in then click on the photo you want on the post then click open then click on add photo & bam your pic should be ready for when you post. note the pic does not come up wile doing the post only when the post is posted. hope this has not confused you. :ausflag::blink:

when you post just click the upload photo link right above the message from box and then pick the file name by using the browse button,.. you must know where on your computer you have the file.. then click attach photo

I am not stating this because this is what I think of "Hungry" because I do not know his situation or involvement in computers but it does light a little fire under me as this is a pet peeve of mine.

Windows has made people so lazy when it comes to basic computer usage or troubleshooting. I started out in DOS 3.0 I believe, might have been a little earlier. Back then you had to know mnemonic commands like ren (rename) , md (make directory), copy,edit autoexec.bat & config.sys. Those were the good old days ... ahhhh. I personally know people who have been with computers for over a decade and they can't even find a damn file on their computer or know how to make a directory EVEN when now they are using WInDOZE and it should be easier with the explorer shell.

Common questions from lazy computer users:

"Where is the attachment you sent me?"

"What is a ZIP or RAR file?"

"I extracted the ZIP file where is it?"

Whew! That level of laziness burns my rearend! People think that it's the "Star Trek" era and they can just start off my jostling the computer with the salutation,"Computer" Guess what! Voice recognition still isn't perfected yet! My advice for all those still floundering is too get a "PC for Dummies" , Get off your azz and learn it! You have to put the time in to learn them. Trying to help someone who doesn't know these basic concepts of computers is like trying to teach someone how to walk using ASL (American Sign Language) You're trying to teach them and their asking you,"What does that mean?" It's an exercise in futility, trust me, I have been there.

Think about taking a beginning class in computers at the Jr college it does make a difference. Also sometimes I have even called a friend to help me with things on the computer I do not know about.

Waterdog said:
Think about taking a beginning class in computers at the Jr college it does make a difference. Also sometimes I have even called a friend to help me with things on the computer I do not know about.

That is a very good way. Hands on is the way to go to learn computer concepts. Once you learn and utilize these concepts you'll be able to run any program or in time solve most computer software/hardware problems. Most problems from my hellish experiences has been from software related issues. Plug n' Pray is the motto of the comp world. Something will always eventually screw up. The name of the game is always staying ahead and doing preventative work on your comp to head it off and ALWAYS have a backup hard drive if you have precious files that you don't won't to lose. The basic programs that everyone should have are the "holy trinity"

These are all freeware programs

1) AntiVirus - Avast is very good, better than AVG which some years back allowed some viruses to get through to my computer

2) Spyware program -- SpyBOT - Search & Destroy is a good spyware program that seals off your browser from having any spyware, malware attach itself to your sys.

3) Firewall -- PC Tools Firewall Plus is a good one. There are many others as well according to your preference.

If you are not running these three basic precautionary programs on your computer right now then prepare to get boinked on the head because your day is coming and when it happens you'll be slowly pulling your hair out with frustration.

PS) Do not EVER defrag your registry. There are programs out there that make this promise but I have gotten shafted by every single one. You run it, program freezes, you reboot and then you get , "no operating system" message. (this is a good time to start drinking beers) Programs that promise to clear out errors in registry are fine and work well but never defrag it.