Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello again to metal detecting

vabass

Hello everyone!

New register here in Cincinnati, OH. Thinking of getting back into metal detecting. I bought a White's years ago, maybe 1980's, separate wand and machine because I'm female and didn't want the weight of a once piece machine. Had a lot of fun with it but I've been away from it a long time now. The 2 plastic battery cases in my White's that held like 14 AA batteries is cracking. Last I messed with it, I had to wrap it in electrical tape to hold it together. The new machines look so awesome with their digital indications of metal type and depth and 2 AA batteries! I've been watching videos trying to decide what's the best machine for me. I'm really leaning toward something like the Fisher F22 or Fisher F44 because of the 2.3 pound weight and 5 year warranty, but I'm also looking for advice! Are these reliable machines? I'm reading a few reviews that say they stopped working early on. What's your best recommendation? Also, for you other ladies in the forum, I've always been hesitant to search some areas because of fear of being alone. Do you have the same concerns or what's your experience?

Vabass,
Hello and welcome to the forum!
From Indiana.... Yes , i understand what you mean about all the new technology out there.
Wow...it can be overwhelming,. I too was very active in metal detecting in the good old 80's
Had a Whites 6db hip mount in the early 80's....though i started in 1974 as lil nine yr. Old boy with a tiny tex...bfo detector.
I do not know about the fisher models you are looking at although. I have heard and read some great things about the fisher F 75. as a real deep seeker
Just got a Garrett AT pro for christmas and love this machine!
The newer tech. Thats out there is amazing....i'm still used to the fast swinging.vlf whites of the eightys...too
You may like the.garrett atp as a great machine.?
Also .....tbere is alot of talk about Teknetics new Patriot..just now coming out as a
Fisher F 75. Well...more or less....clone for an awesome lower price...
Think there is a pre order out for april. And a$50 rebate. From our sponsers here on findmall.
Though im really impressed with the garrett atp.....if i were to get a back up...
The patriot may be the one...i'm gonna let it run for now though as it is very brand new
And i will wait to see some reviews from new users for the first year it is out..

Just. A few thoughts...... Read the posts here for the fisher users and you will
Find a huge amount of ppl out there tht.will be happy to share their thoughts on any model you might be looking into buying
Ask around n good luck....welcome back to the hobby!
Happy Hunting!
From HaloEffect426.... (Chris)
:)