Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello... AT Pro Exp. User / AT Gold Newbie here!

Turak

Hello All....

New member to the forums here....

Been using my trusty AT Pro for 3 years now, here in Michigan. Absolutely love the AT PRO!

Mostly going to the beach and pic-nicking areas at the local state park (SUPER trashy) that allows metal detecting (not all of them around here do). But also hitting the smaller local parks, baseball fields, soccer fields, etc.

Have found at least a couple hundred coins, but nothing older than a 1937 penny. Still looking for all those rings everyone else is finding, but only a couple cheapie/kids rings so far....
Hehehe and a thermos. Someone a actually buried a full size (about 12" tall) thermos in the sand at the beach, down about 16 inches or so.

Just picked up a brand new AT GOLD the other day.
Got what I consider a GREAT deal on it. New in the box, for $540..... that's cheaper than a new AT Pro! Verified with Garrett when it was made and that it registered fine as brand new with them...YAY!!

Have all the coils (5 x 8 DD, 8.5 x 11 DD, 6.5 x 9 Conc., and the 9 x 12 Conc.) except the 4.5" super sniper. So far, I prefer the Double D coils over the concentric coils. The soil around here is heavily mineralized, so the Double D's tend to penetrate it a bit better, and because of all the trashy areas they separate the targets a bit better as well. Although I do think the concentric coils target ID just a hair more accurately.

I think I have the coin hunting down......now have to get that jewelry hunting down, so I can pay for all this stuff! Heheh.

Been reading the hundreds of posts on this site and have already learned a couple new tricks to help along the way...thanks!

Hey Welcome! I'm over by MKG and am getting ready for the yearly July/Aug beach foot race! :rofl: 60 days of barefoot sand sprinting slinging coil! Its like the 'Tough Mudder' for old guys!

A few years ago I kept track and figured I put 100 miles barefoot on the sand in July alone!

I hunt from Holland north to Whitehall...Looks like you got a fine pair of rigs there! Good Luck to you! Let us see what you find!:clapping:
Mud

ps: heading out now..

Just a few cheap rings with my AT PRO. I do find coins and love finding cars buried in the sand.

Clive Clynick has some good books on jewelry hunting. Yeah, the AT Gold is more machine . Learn to hunt the All Metal mode in the less trashy areas, right where the trash starts to thin out.

Greetings to everyone here
My name Algerio, live near Turin, I have 79 years and I have this hobby for 35 years, now use cs6mxi c-scope, however, is not accurate and does not have vdi little deep
Some years ago I used atpro, first set of md, issues electronic card, sold after four months for failure to
Now I think of atgold, not to use sea beach but plowed fields, meadows and woods or areas of ancient battles, you can find atgold currency or other target of 20 / 25v mm. to 8 "/ 10" depth of the soil mineralized little or nothing?
thanks for reply
Algerio

Well.... Managed to get out to a local small park/baseball field for a couple hours.

Tested out the new AT GOLD! Like it so far.

Didn't find anything special, a few clad coins and some trash.

But hey the detector seems to work fine so far...yay!

The small pop rivet head impressed me. It was about 4 inches down, but rang up strong (VDI 51-52). I thought it was a nickel..

[attachment 315367 LocalPark.JPG]