Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from Richmond, VA

Divin

Hello! My name is Jim, and I am from Richmond, Virginia. I have just gotten into metal detecting and look forward to getting a lot of great advice and mentoring from this forum. I just got a Minelab Equinox 800, I am reading up and watching a lot of youtube videos and trying to get out and get some time on the machine. I went ahead got ear reinforcement to prevent the detector head from breaking. I have a daughter in grade school and got her a Nokta Makro Midi Hoard - Kids Detector Series. We have been having a lot of fun getting out and seeing what is out there....We went with a Garrett AT pinpointer
Shovels or shovels:Model 35 - Piranha - Shovel . Lesche Hand Digger and gravedigger hand tool.
Pouches: Digger supply treasure pouch pack mule, with a rothco alices belt from Amazon

I know from being in other hobbies and sports, lots of times, what you originally set out with isn’t what you eventually end up using. I tried to do my homework have not had any issues with what we have picked out. I look forward to any advice and am willing to listen and learn.

Thanks for accepting me as member of the forum and look forward to postings....

Last edited:
Welcome Jim! It will be best if you post over in the equinox forum and introduce yourself there. You will get more responses - Jim

And a Hello from north central Idaho!!!!!

I’m not far from you... just south of Charlottesville.
Welcome to the hobby.... you made some great decisions about what to buy.... now you just need to start digging some holes!!!
Looking forward to seeing some finds from you!!!🤞🤞

Thanks for the many welcomes time to start digging’!

I just ran across your post here. We are glad to have you on the forum. How are you enjoying your Equinox? I just bought my wife the 600. She is reading her booklet as I type this. That is great that you and your daughter are out and able to enjoy this hobby together. I wish you both much success with some great finds and saves. How are things in the Real capital of Richmond?

Jim welcome to the best hobby god ever created. If you find anything on my bucket list? Please feel free to send it to me via 1st class mail.... Just kidding! Hey just don't be discouraged & keep at it cause you will have those good days!

Welcome and best of luck! Great way to spend time with kids too. Sounds like you have done your homework selecting gear. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds on the forum.
HH Jeff