Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello from Virginia

Drkstr62

Hello...I'm new here and new to the hobby. I have not got a MD yet and I am still researching MD's. I have been looking at the BH Time Ranger...found online new for less then $200.
I'd like to get some opinions and thoughts about this MD. I have also been looking at the Pioneer 505.

I suggest looking through the archives. There have been plenty of discussions about nearly every MD made by BH.

Good luck,

Mark

Hello and Welcome to Findmall and the BH board.

Where abouts in VA? I sold a BH time ranger to a guy here in Va recently locally.

I'm in the Williamsburg area.

shovelfull said:
Welcome! I am all so looking at adding Pioneer 505 to my starting line up.

I looked at the 505 but a little out of my price range right now.

hey drkstr, a good place to hunt is down s. henry street before you get to the end the little park off to the right ..princess anne landing...i used to fish there when i lived there in billsville and its an old port for town area. i bet its full of history and lost gold pieces

depthcharge559 said:
hey drkstr, a good place to hunt is down s. henry street before you get to the end the little park off to the right ..princess anne landing...i used to fish there when i lived there in billsville and its an old port for town area. i bet its full of history and lost gold pieces

Unfortunately all of the parks around here are off limits to metal detecting. I have been doing some MD'ing a nearby school.

Hey dkstr62. If you want a 505 look on Kelly co metal detectors in their used refurbished demo tab on the left hand side of the screen. The have 505s for $199 plus 14.99 shipping in their scratch and dents section. My 505 does well. I prefer using the 4" coil on it. If you pm me I can tell you what detector I use the most now and would have bought 1stif I would have known about it. Found my best stuff with it. Good luck and hh.

Dirtdigger33 said:
Hey dkstr62. If you want a 505 look on Kelly co metal detectors in their used refurbished demo tab on the left hand side of the screen. The have 505s for $199 plus 14.99 shipping in their scratch and dents section. My 505 does well. I prefer using the 4" coil on it. If you pm me I can tell you what detector I use the most now and would have bought 1stif I would have known about it. Found my best stuff with it. Good luck and hh.

I got the Time Ranger from Radio Shack for $160 after Christmas.