Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello ,has anyone here used a hookah

fishandchips

hello im looking into a hookah set up.my question is can one be made instead of spending 1500.00 or more on a new one. if anyone has any pictures to pass along that would be great.thanks

I want one soon my self, put it on my pontoon boat would be sweet .Tigerhank68

I bought one and sold it after one time with it. Gas powered was WAY too noisy and I knew I wouldn't be popular. Thought of an electric one but am relying on my tanks for now. You will have others opinions that have one. One thought. You are betting your life on something that will give you air underwater. Why make one and risk it? The wheel has been invented and it works. I just sent in 11 rings for 1800.00 that I found in the last 30 days. The hookah will pay for itself .

Look up HOOKAHMAX on the big auction site One for half your price now

Well, they might cost about $1500 new depending on what you get, but think about what it would cost to outfit yourself for scuba with equal quality gear if you are thinking of that route too. Listen to scubadetector on this one; isn't your life worth quality equipment no matter which way you go?

I want to buy a belt driven hookah that works on a 12v system the oil less compressor makes a lot my noise, with 2 car batteries wired in parallel circuit should go along ways.

very well put, if i could find a place to rent one before i bought it just to make sure i liked it. what area is everyone from. im in Pa. so new jersey is where i beach and water hunt now.

I know several people who have built their own and used them for years. A few caveats though. Are you certified as a diver? I wouldn't try to work around that! These folks are also technically inclined and detail oriented. They also use them for shallow work mostly, 30 feet or less. It takes a properly sized and regulated oilless compressor, never any other kind! Usually an accumulator tank of five gallons or so. A proper intake filter and the folks I knew would only use 12 volt electric. You get any exhaust in the intake and it won't go well for the guy in the water. Then it's just hose and a second stage. One I know of has been using his rig for years.

I did a dive with one and I'd say they are an acquired taste. Tanks offer much better freedom of movement.

Also knew of a boat maintenance diver who worked out of a tender with a twin tank rig in the boat and about 100 feet of hose. He liked the rig because he didn't like working with the gear on his back.

yes i am cetified for over 20 yrs now, havnt been diving in the last five years. i wanted to use it for shallow diving. im 44 now and i might be getting lazy about carring the tanks on my back. i saw one set up for sale where the tanks sit inside a stainless bucket held up by a floatation ring. nicely made. what im not sure of is. does the float get ancored to the sand or does it float along with you. if it floats along i dont think i would like that idea.

i have a hookahmax and i love it. it is a gas one and yes it is a little noisey i use my boat to take me in spots i know there have been old beaches. i have had mine for over two years and i also use tanks in the areas that i need to be a little quiet in on the lake. good luck on your decision.

The electric unit that Hookahmax has online is pretty intriguing and it's only $800. And he's less than an hour from my house...:cool: I wonder how long of a dive you get on a battery vs. a tank if scuba diving. I would hope at least a 3hr dive on two deep cycle batteries. Might have to look into that!

triplehooked said:
The electric unit that Hookahmax has online is pretty intriguing and it's only $800. And he's less than an hour from my house...:cool: I wonder how long of a dive you get on a battery vs. a tank if scuba diving. I would hope at least a 3hr dive on two deep cycle batteries. Might have to look into that!

I sent you a PM. :detecting: