Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello to all

detectorguy

Hi, I am detectorguy. I've been detecting since '86 and have been a Christian since '84. I've posted a few times here, but felt it was time to "step up to the plate" and introduce myself. I have 4 boys and been married for going on thirty years. Two of my boys are old enough to be out on their own and two are still of age to be home. Mike from MI and I go back a ways - met him at a hunt in Columbus, OH back in '03. Mike also cross-posted here for me a request for prayers for one of my boys who is sitting in the county jail on burglary charges. He should be home with us as a high school student, but he thought he could get by out there on his own. I would like to again ask for prayers for him, but I would like to go one step further and ask for cards and letters of encouragment to be sent to him from you great folks if you feel led of God to do so. The first night Jesse got thrown in jail he returned to the Lord. Jesse just turned 17 back in January so to us he is just a child in an adult world. Letters and cards would be a big help in this time of uncertainty.

His address is:

Jesse E. Davis
301 Maxwell Rd.
Peoria, IL. 61604

Jesse is getting along just fine in there, but you have to believe it is a lonely place. Jesse spends a lot of time reading and studying the bible and spends time in prayer. He also talks to other inmates about God's word. He is also studying for his GED and is working on his singing career while in there. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it here.

God bless and Jesus is Lord!

detetorguy
(marty)

If you would rather I not have this request on the board then let me know and I'll delete it.

I'm fixing to head out for a while, but will send a letter on Tue. morning. Welcome again and God Bless

Good to see ya! I am glad to hear he is doing ok. How long before he get's out?

sorry to hear of your son's predicament. I know what that is like from a parent perspective...one of my son's got in trouble not once but twice. It was hard on all of us - him and his Mom and I.

I'll add your son to my prayers. Hoping that this is his first time in trouble and the court goes easy on him. Am guessing he learned a valuable lesson.

Will try to get a card or letter out to him in a few days, Marty.

We don't know yet, Mike. His court dates are set for July. We won't know anything until the outcome of those. If the lawyers decide to make deals we may know sooner, but with public defenders it is a slower process. They're working on next weeks cases and not worried about cases coming up in two months.

n/t

my 17 year old has not gone that far yet but hes real,real close!!!