Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hello...

Digdoug

Been a long while since I have posted. Since Brian passed I have not been motivated to do much of anything anymore. Even my photography has suffered. Although I have taken several trips to the mountains when I get there the desire to shoot goes away. Don't feel very creative.

Lately, the metal detecting bug has returned and this morning I got out Brian's Ace 250 and swung a little in the backyard. It was good to here the beeps as I swung over the trash in my yard. This fall we are going to Charleston with Sarah and Mike and we will hit the beaches while there.

I have some Cabella bucks to spend and since fishing has also fallen by the wayside I had no idea what to use them for. Then I noticed they carry a couple of pinpointers and I have wanted one but never wanted to part with the cash.

They carry the Garrett Pro and the Minelab Pro Find 25. Which would you recommend?

I am also considering ordering the Ace 350. The 250 is light and fun to use on short hunts and according to reviews I have read the 350 seems to be a very capable detector for the money.

Any input concerning the 350 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!,

Doug

Doug,
I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but I was following Brain's story for some time. Your family's story has touched me and my wife's life, thank you for sharing. We continue to keep your family in our prayers. Stay strong and God bless you!
As far as pin pointers, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer and love it. I would highly recommend it. I love how it beeps and vibrates faster as you zero in to the object and that it is also water resistant.

posted some on FB commenting on your posts, but haven't done much of that for quite some time! We have missed you and hope and pray everything is looking up for you and Carol! May you have fun and go detecting on your vacation with daughter and son-in-law! You've been missed on the CMD Forum and hope you post often and let us know how you and Carol are with life looking up for you in Jesus' precious name! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thank you for the continued prayers Sandtick! I have never used a pp but can see the benefits of using one. In researching them I have read of several folks having problems with theirs but they praised Garrett's customer service. On with the research...

Thank you Ma!! We are doing great but life just doesn't have the same flavor. Things that used to be enjoyable aren't as much fun as they used to be. Most of the photos I post on FB (except for the backyard bird shots) are new edits of old images. Plus, I am working more so have less time to play and participate on many forums. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things (pun intended) and start posting some new finds.

How have you been doing?

Sandtick said:
Doug,
I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but I was following Brain's story for some time. Your family's story has touched me and my wife's life, thank you for sharing. We continue to keep your family in our prayers. Stay strong and God bless you!
As far as pin pointers, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer and love it. I would highly recommend it. I love how it beeps and vibrates faster as you zero in to the object and that it is also water resistant.

Hello Doug,
Like others, your journey with your son has touched my life in many ways. Thank you for sharing your story with us all. Personally I own and use the Garrett Pro Pin-Pointer. It's a great product and cost effective. I also own and love my Minelab X-Terra 505 and would highly recommend it. It's light, user-friendly, and reasonably priced. Here's the Minelab website for the X-Terra 305, 505, & 705 Minelab Product Reports

It is so good to see you again. I have been missing you.

The 250 is a great machine for the price, and the 350 has a few more bells and whistles. Might want to consider an Exterra 305 for the money also? If you get one I recommend you order it from Al the Christian dealer that has always donated to the CMD hunts. As for pin pointers, Both are good, but I tell people that for that money I would get the vibra probe that is completely water proof. You may also want to consider an AT Pro that is a land and water machine?

...I checked out the vibra phone and I think I may order one. Does Al have a web site? If not, how can I contact him?

I am also checking out the AT pro per your recommendation. It is more than I intended to pay but I like the fact that it is submersible to 10 feet and can be used in the rain. It and the vibra phone would make a good combo.

We definitely need schedule a hunt sometime! It was good talking to you brother!

Doug

Thank you! Hope to get motivated to get out and hunt some again soon. Work and the honey do list seem to be getting in the way lately.

We appreciate all of your prayers during Brian's battle! Thanks for the link, I will check them out.

Doug

n/t

sort through all my STUFF and get things ready to sell, donate and etc. Since I've been ill twice with the bad flu during Christmas and in May and June, it has been a rough time and I am very weak, so could use a lot of prayers, but I know God is with me in Jesus' name and He cares for and helps me in what needs to be done and financially! Hope you get the detector and pin pointer that is right for you at the price you feel comfortable with....and also hope you find the time to get out and find some really nice goodies! Life passes quickly, so don't put off the fun time for too long....as always I wish the best for you, Carol and your daughter and son-in-law! May God Bless...Amen! Your Sister-in-Christ.... :angel: Ma

Hi Doug!

I agree with Mike on that Vibra probe. It's real sturdy and works very well. Hey, in another couple of years, we'll be diggin' and fishin' together :) I think I'll even take up golf too LOL!

Regarding "Linked In", I dropped that a while ago. Don't have much need for it now that I'm working.

Take care and hang in there

Joe

Thanks Joe, I'm going to order the vibra phone. Hurry up and get down here, I need a dirt and water fishing buddy!