Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:help: 7.25 Coil ID needed?

Tony-swmo

[attachment 221975 BH7Coilsized.JPG]Can you tell me which detectors this coil is compatible with or which models that it originally came on? Frequency? It is a light grey 7.25", two ear, very small metal coil bolt and push plug-in to control box coil. Thank you for any help you may provide.

That coil was made in the early 1990s. The frequency is 6.6 khz. It should work on most Bounty Hunter mds made in the 1990s. Possibly some early 2000 mds. These coils came standard on the bud 200 select analog,big bud SED and Hi-Tek made in the early 1990s. This coil will also work with the original Teknetics of the 1980s and big bud series.

It looks identical to the coil I got with my Fast Tracker, which I bought in 2001 (and still have). Should work on Tracker IV and other models that were around at that time. I'm pretty sure it will also work on the Fisher F4 (I've tried the 4" coil that I bought for the FT on the F4 and it works ok.) HH

In the history of BH evolution (which goes clear back into the 1970's and had connections with White's and the old Teknetics), there were versions of searchcoils made that were sort of similar, that some people interchanged and reported that they "worked" (which given the same equipment but different search conditions, someone else might have reported that they didn't work). I do not have a list of the various versions of coils or the various makes and models which some people reported those coils were compatible with. Contrary to popular mythology, there's far more to it than just operating frequency.

Here's what I can tell about BH searchcoils since I came to work for First Texas Products in January of 2003.

1. The 7 1/2 searchcoils are electrically a little different from the others. Since the machines those come on are usually hardwired, issues of interchangeability don't usually arise.

2. Shortly before I came to work for First Texas, they changed the 8 inch coils slightly to improve manufacturability. It didn't make any difference on the machines then in production.

3. The 10 1/2 inch round concentric searchcoil had been designed electrically different for higher sensitivity with the machines then in production.

4. During 2003-2005, we redesigned most of the BH basic target ID platforms for better manufacturability and improved reliability. Those revised platforms are what is in production today. The new platforms are not necessarily compatible with the older searchcoils: however it has been reported that the newer searchcoils are often compatible with older models that use the same searchcoil connector. Less often will the older version searchcoils be compatable with the newer machines. Note: about 2005 we revised the 10 1/2 incher to be compatible with the newer machine platforms.

5. Since that time we have introduced an 11 inch elliptical DD searchcoil originally designed for the Fisher F4, which works on the 21st century BH circuit platforms provided that you've got the searchcoil version with the push-on circular DIN connector.

--Dave J.