Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help fixing coil

thsfineday

I noticed this morning that i have a crack in my coil and is allowing water to get into it.Is there a way to fix this. How do i make sure all the moister is out if i reseal it. any ideas would be helpful

Use a blow dryer on loe heat to dry it out then use any of the patching compounds availabe for epoxy and seal the crack.

Bill

Dry with a hair dryer on low heat as Bill says, clean with a little denatured alcohol to remove contaminants and use a coarse sand paper to roughen the surface a bit (avoid over-kill!)

To be sure you don't waste your efforts, test run the machine and coil to be sure the coil isn't ruined! (Under conditions that will not re-contaminate it unless you know it is OK!)

Purchase Loctite Marine Epoxy at Lowes or Home Depot, mix according to directions and apply to the bottom (damaged) surface of the coil!

I keep wooden pop-sickle sticks purchased at craft shops for that purpose.

With a liberal coating the coil will be stronger than it was and may need occasional touching up to keep it that way!

After the repair, test the coil for function and if it works OK.

Buy a can of truck bed liner spray and coat it with this durable and wear resistant material.

You may prefer to use a coating of the rubber type material used to cover tool handles as I do.

They both will serve to protect the newly repaired surface.

Has worked very well for me.

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

The coil on my 250 was getting thin and chipped up around the edges. I bought a little can of pvc plastic pipe cement and put a coating on it. It went on thick, and looks like it will do the job.