Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help for SE Pro user

canes12

Firstly, I'm not a newbie. In fact, I had no problem programming the Whites XLT which had some
constants that you almost had to be an audio engineer to understand.
Here's my problem I have just purchased an SE Pro which has me scared and completely
unsure of myself. Hopefully, some of you can help me get started as per the following.
1- Assume I have a brand new out of the box SE Pro which I hit the power to turn it on.
2- Assume I just want to have 1 program for coins, jewelry, pull tabs, foil. That's it. SO
what do I do next before I can hunt ? (I guess go to menu ? click on what to develop
the discrim. program to be saved. in say, S3)
3- How do I recall it if I was coming from a previous pattern ?
Sorry to be wordy but I just need about 7 sequential steps or so to feel comfortable in either digital
or smart find, and to get going.
Thank you lots and lots
Bob G (who has a mind block on the SE PRo)

i have the explorer !! but the general operation should be the same. it sounds like you want to dig everything so i would suggest starting in iron mask.

I just set up using user 1&2 settings. I also have no figured out how to recover the s settings.
Number 1 I use for the beach and number 2 is used for fields.

chuck said:
i have the explorer !! but the general operation should be the same. it sounds like you want to dig everything so i would suggest starting in iron mask.

That's what I did.

Do yourself a favor as it can be as easy or hard as you want it to be.....Hold the start on until quickstart registers on the screen...Raise your sens. into the 20's manual and of course set the threshold to your hearing and likes...Next take what articles you are looking for and run them under the coil until they are ingrained in your brain. Usually a dime and nickel for starters. Now hunt this way for at least a month and do dig a lot to see what unit is telling you and once you get the feel for it move onto programs..Remember the XLT was a fast swinger and Explorer is a slow swinger so slow down..Trying to cram all the rest into your head is ridiculous and some of the best explorer users out there still don't use or understand many of the expanded features and being a rookie you are not going to also unless you take baby steps learning a bit at a time.
Again only as easy or hard as you want it to be and Andy Sabiches book is a must buy as you move on as he sort of simplifies many of the procedures...
PS: think back you didn't learn the XLT overnight...

I hunt out hundreds of coins a month with no advanced settings , what a lot of people don't appreciate is just how good the explorers perform "out of the box" . I sooner use too little sensitivity than too much which many might laugh at but a stable threshold is the most important
thing with these detectors. I find the explorers extremely simple to use and still find a good amount of coinage and the occasional ring (inland sites). I make my own discrimination patterns some times at certain sites to cherry pick the coins I want!
Minelab will be hard pushed to make a better detector than the explorers , simple to use , excellent depth , versatile , strong , stylish and reliable , an absolute gem of a machine they are. 9 out of 10... Too much sensitivity and you miss good stuff.