Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP..... having problem with computer

EARTHLINGX

i am having a problem with my home computer...... I try to download PDF manuals from metal detector manufacturers websites so that i can read them BUT, when the download screen on FIREFOX comes up to tell me that it is ready to open, and i try to open it to read it, it keeps giving an untitled open bar across the screen many many times as if it is trying to open but wont link up to open... does anyone know what i have to do??? do i have to change a file type to get it to open or what????

Never had that problem with Firefox. Is Adobe reader installed on your 'puter? Also, are you saving them to your drive or just clicking on the links? To save a file to your hard drive right click on the link and then click on "save link as" to save the file to where you want it in you puter. That is always the best way whether using Firefox or IE.

HH Tom

the only things that it lists when i right click on the file is

open
open containing folder
remove
properties

there is nothing else

WARNING: i dont know hardly anything about computers

n/t

OK...... i tried what mag said and it did come up as "save link as" but i try to save to "my documents " and it does. BUT when i try to open it in "my documents" it says it cannot find the file THEN it keeps trying to bring up the internet to open it .....BUT the internet wont come up when it tries to open unless i close out everything and bring the internet up first and go to "my documents" but still wont open the file..... do i need to try saving it to something else???? i think we are getting closer but no cigar yet

n/t

OK....... well at least we tried.......

thanks

FIGURED IT OUT.... thanks for all the help

n/t