Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help!!!! I Have A 1280-x That Has Been Dammaged.

thepest

Howdy all....
i bought a used fisher 1280-x.... the coil wire has been yanked out of the control box..... i got it apart.... it looks like the ground wire for the red and white lead gets soldered in with each lead.... the bigger problem is..... i can't tell which way the leads go on the board.... if you look at the control box.... front to back..... the coil wire comes in the back on the left side....and solders to the top if the board on the left.... front to back... is the red wire closest to the front???? or the white one???? i 'm not having any luck trying to find a diagram..... it seems like such a simple thing to fix..... but i'd hate to blow the unit for a small mistake.....

any help would be greatly appreciated....
anthony

I know of a shop that fixes them a lot and he is Fisher Certified. It is Al Holden in Mi. Pro Stock Detectors. He might tell you. Wopn't hurt to ask.

http://www.prostockdetectors.com/

I take it he told you exactly what you needed to know? He is a great guy. Has helped me in the past. Your very welcome!!

Hi from bottledigger, i am from Australia, i have a Whites XLT, just bought it , but i'm thinking of selling XLT and getting a CZ3D, which would be better for cemetrys, schools, parks, houses and beach???
Also i am thinking its easier to have controls than menu touchpads, the XLT is good though, but please someone give me a honest answer please, thanks