Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help? I think I'm having problems with my MXT.

Dustyroundup

Howdy,

Well, I'm really confused.
Up till recently, I always ran in Relic ALT mode, with Disc at preset, and Gain at preset or +1, Thresh at barely audible.

It was noisy , but thats what I had gotten used too.

So, this year Ive been out 4 times , in the last 2 weeks,
Twice at totlots, and twice relic type , old homesteads.

Ive been using Relic Primary, and switching to ALT , over the same targets, prior to digging. to see the difference in each mode.

The Primary is quieter, of course , on account of the slower SAT speed.
BUT, here is my problem.
It seems the Primary mode tends to pick up on targets ALOT better. They sound off ,and its a definite target.
But , after I switch to relic ALT , and check the same target, its erratic, and theres times that I think I may have missed the target, because the ALT mode almost, doesnt even recognize, or should I say sound off, on a target that the Primary mode EASILY see's.

Ive been reading the Edge , trying to find a reason for the behavior, but cant seem to find anything. Except for "Verify stability"

So, I'm getting a little worried, as I thought the higher SAT speed , Relic ALT mode , should be hitting targets the same as, or even better than the slower Relic Primary mode.

Its really confusing me .
So , I find that I trust the Relic Primary mode , and am using it more.
I feel I CANT trust the faster SAT speeds.
And I dont like the idea, of not being able to fully utilize , or trust my MXT's other modes.

Any Ideas?? would be very helpful.
I have seen a few posts , of detectors , having problem behaviors, and having to be sent in , for tune ups.
So, thats stuck in my head, and I'm a little worried that this behavior, is something that I cant fix.
And jeez, its not like I have very many hours on it, and I treat it like glass. Ive never had it out in wet weather, never dropped it,etc.

I'm just not having fun with it.

Thanks you guys ,
Dusty

You got me Dusty. I always run in relic alternate mode but now I'm going to have to check between the two like you have. I'll let you know what I find but it may be a couple more days until I can get out hunting. Let us know if you find anything out. Good luck.