Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help me choose a pinpointer.

Simplexity

I'm searching for a PP. (Pin-pointer)
I've been reading in the forums and so far the most recommended Pinpointers are the Garrett AT pro aka carrot, the more expensive Nokta PulseDive and the older original Nokta Pinpointer and a few others mentioned below.

The PulseDive I don't care for since I won't be using the Nokta wireless headphones. It is a great feature because it also pairs with your wireless headphones simultaneously and eliminates any interference.

But I hear the updated Simplex+ firmware now has a mute option so any other PP won't be an issue with interference.

The PulseDive is very bulky as well and more expensive than the other PP I looked into. ($160)

I read that the original Nokta PP ($85) has great depth and never fails.
Problem is that it's only waterproof for a few feet from what I read. Some say 3' some say 10' not even sure.

The Carrot AT ($127) is the most recommended but many people have problems with it. It gets chirpy, need to shut it on and off, need to place a coin to improve battery contact, and or stops working after a few years. But Garrett has great customer service and even if you're out of the 2 year warranty they will fix it for $28.
Still most people swear by it.
I'm still not convinced on the Carrot but I may end up getting one anyways. Especially since it's waterproof up to 10'

I've read about Dr. Otek and it seems like a great pp for under $50 but I feel like it lacks in depth. Especially after a yt review I saw.

The cheapest one that gets mentioned a lot is the GP2 from SHRXY ($30) I forgot the name but it's a newer version of a cheap one. Not sure of it's specs but I read some people use it.
Goes for around $30 and many say it's a great buy for the price.

The TRX ($149) I won't buy at the moment because White's ownership limbo.

A guy that did a ton of research went with the XP-Mi-4 ($119) but I haven't seen anyone else mention that PP.

The Fisher F-Pulse ($129) performs great but
I looked it up and don't like the fact that it's only waterproof up to 6'.
That's ridiculous when my Simplex+ is rated 10' and PP in the same price range are waterproof up to 3-6 meters.

Honestly speaking I probably would never go deeper than 3-4 feet but with rough waves that can easily double.
I wouldn't want a PP to crap out with water damage because I went over by a foot.

What are your thoughts.
I don't care for rechargeable or wireless pairing features. Nor where it's made since I contribute enough to the economy.
I'm more interested in it's performance.
I already experienced that my new detector goes deep, found some items almost 2' down. (Liquor caps and soda cans)
I will mainly be hunting on the beach sand, shallow ocean water and occasionally on grassy field's.

Plus my scoop can help get the object out of the sand, I just want a PP to speed things up and avoid the extra fatigue.

I've been reading in the forums and so far the most recommended Pinpointers are the Garrett AT pro aka carrot, the more expensive Nokta PulseDive and the older original Nokta Pinpointer and a few others mentioned below.

The PulseDive I don't care for since I won't be using the Nokta wireless headphones. It is a great feature because it also pairs with your wireless headphones simultaneously and eliminates any interference.

But I hear the updated Simplex+ firmware now has a mute option so any other PP won't be an issue with interference.

The PulseDive is very bulky as well and more expensive than the other PP I looked into. ($160)

Problem is that it's only waterproof for a few feet from what I read. Some say 3' some say 10' not even sure.

The Carrot AT ($127) is the most recommended but many people have problems with it. It gets chirpy, need to shut it on and off, need to place a coin to improve battery contact, and or stops working after a few years. But Garrett has great customer service and even if you're out of the 2 year warranty they will fix it for $28.
I'm still not convinced on the Carrot but I may end up getting one anyways. Especially since it's waterproof up to 10'

I've read about Dr. Otek and it seems like a great pp for under $50 but I feel like it lacks in depth. Especially after a yt review I saw.

The cheapest one that gets mentioned a lot is the GP2 from SHRXY ($30) I forgot the name but it's a newer version of a cheap one. Not sure of it's specs but I read some people use it.

A guy that did a ton of research went with the XP-Mi-4 ($119) but I haven't seen anyone else mention that PP.

That's ridiculous when my Simplex+ is rated 10' and PP in the same price range are waterproof up to 3-6 meters.

Honestly speaking I probably would never go deeper than 3-4 feet but with rough waves that can easily double.
I wouldn't want a PP to crap out with water damage because I went over by a foot.

What are your thoughts.
I don't care for rechargeable or wireless pairing features. Nor where it's made since I contribute enough to the economy.
I already experienced that my new detector goes deep, found some items almost 2' down. (Liquor caps and soda cans)
I will mainly be hunting on the beach sand, shallow ocean water and occasionally on grassy field's.

Plus my scoop can help get the object out of the sand, I just want a PP to speed things up and avoid the extra fatigue.
I actually recommend the Pulsedive. If you get it in pinpointer only configuration it is only 101$. It’s a very good pinpointer, I have used the carrot and nokta pointer and this one is much better IMO. It’s stable, deep if you want it to be, and durable!

I've got the Garret carrot and I love it, my brother also has one and he loves his also.
Whenever it starts getting erratic is when the battery gets a little weak which is about 6 months of use, replace the battery and your good to go.
I bought mind from Backwoods detecting and received excellent service from them.

Xp mi-6 is very nice, Garrett carrot is very nice too. I use both. Minelab profind 35 was decent too. I've used most of the rest and won't anymore. That huge nokta pulse dive is only ok, but gigantic.

Deus Mi-4 rechargeable waterproof and it floats I’ve had my Mi-6 4 years and never had a problem goes a long time between charges
Mark

What are your thoughts.

I would suggest the Garrett pro pointer.i believe it's the best metal detector Garrett has ever made!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have an original Pro pointer that I have been using since 2009..., I have dropped it on pavement and used it a lot over the years and it has never had a problem.
Great pin pointer in my opinion.

I would suggest the Garrett pro pointer.i believe it's the best metal detector Garrett has ever ma
de!

I have the Garrett Pro Pointer and the Pro Pointer AT. Both are good, but the Pro pointer is much
simpler and quicker, whereas the AT is more involved in setting up. The AT is a little more sensitive though.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have three pro pointers from garrett. Two of the older black ones that work well. But my wife bought me the Carrot for a birthday present and the other two sit and whine because they dont get to go. I like the adjustable sensitivity settings. If i can find the target with the carrot i know that i can dig a shallower smaller plug. After a few years use i have had to put a quarter behind the battery to make good contact.

I have 3 Garrets, two original and one carrot, the fisher pulse and the whites trx. They all work wonderfully as I am sure the other recommendations would too. The trx is my favorite but they are almost impossible to find. Used ones on the big auction place are going for over $200 but I won't sell mine. I just wish I would have bought a dozen of them. I asked Garrett to please produce them again (they bought out Whites) but I have received no reply. I would use a ziplock bag if I was afraid of drowning any of them.

I have 3 Garrets, two original and one carrot, the fisher pulse and the whites trx. They all work wonderfully as I am sure the other recommendations would too. The trx is my favorite but they are almost impossible to find. Used ones on the big auction place are going for over $200 but I won't sell mine. I just wish I would have bought a dozen of them. I asked Garrett to please produce them again (they bought out Whites) but I have received no reply. I would use a ziplock bag if I was afraid of drowning any of them.
I have a quest xpointer pro: rechargable batt,waterproof to 200 ft.,pulse induction,I prefer it over the fisher pulse (I have both)doesn't false like the fisher. and good detection depth.