Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help Me Choose Which Detector to Buy.

Different soils... whatever. Like Elmy, I'm going to sell the Nox. It finds silver, but also leaves it in the ground.

Found a merc coin spill with the nox-- took two mercs out of the hole. Hunted a 10x15' section from 6 pts of the compass, going slow. Went over the plug many times. Came back two weeks later, showed my kid where I found the two mercs, and he promptly pops a third out of it. Stuck the coin back in the hole and the Nox didn't even give an iffy signal-- and I played around with every setting. Same with a copper hexagonal bar token. Nox totally missed it and didn't give a decent signal-- both coins 5".

What made me take a scientific approach to it was a hail mary dig on what turned out to be a 4" seated quarter. Totally egregious-- a 4" silver quarter with my etrac would have shattered my eardrums.

Imo, it's a nice, all around detector. It's a sweet beach machine. But having double fisted the nox against the etrac and ctx-- where I hunt it comes up short. I've spent over 200 hours on the machine now-- my other machines have found coins it has missed; it has not found coins the others have missed.

I will say that the ATPro, in my area, in the hands of my kid-- Ho Ree Phook, he siphons silver.

If I were on a budget, I would be weighing the Fisher F75 and the AT Max. Ronstar's Fisher has tallied gold and silver in fantastic quantities.

Different soils... whatever. Like Elmy, I'm going to sell the Nox. It finds silver, but also leaves it in the ground.

Found a merc coin spill with the nox-- took two mercs out of the hole. Hunted a 10x15' section from 6 pts of the compass, going slow. Went over the plug many times. Came back two weeks later, showed my kid where I found the two mercs, and he promptly pops a third out of it. Stuck the coin back in the hole and the Nox didn't even give an iffy signal-- and I played around with every setting. Same with a copper hexagonal bar token. Nox totally missed it and didn't give a decent signal-- both coins 5".

What made me take a scientific approach to it was a hail mary dig on what turned out to be a 4" seated quarter. Totally egregious-- a 4" silver quarter with my etrac would have shattered my eardrums.

Imo, it's a nice, all around detector. It's a sweet beach machine. But having double fisted the nox against the etrac and ctx-- where I hunt it comes up short. I've spent over 200 hours on the machine now-- my other machines have found coins it has missed; it has not found coins the others have missed.

I will say that the ATPro, in my area, in the hands of my kid-- Ho Ree Phook, he siphons silver.

If I were on a budget, I would be weighing the Fisher F75 and the AT Max. Ronstar's Fisher has tallied gold and silver in fantastic quantities.
I must say, your the first story I’ve heard on coin hunting with the Nox with that bad of an experience! …..I will say, in my opinion, that the Nox is a better beach performer more so than inland. However, there’s a reason why Nox is widely used. ….The damn thing works!

I must say, your the first story I’ve heard on coin hunting with the Nox with that bad of an experience! …..I will say, in my opinion, that the Nox is a better beach performer more so than inland. However, there’s a reason why Nox is widely used. ….The damn thing works!
Not so....REMEMBER me about a year or so ago.....so undependable on target id and not sure what you had to dig up under the coil....I stand with Jkline on his decision....
Once you became experienced with a fbs unit....the nox is no comparison whatsoever to a ctx3030 or an Etrac.....IMO, sell it for sure....unless you can't handle the heavier fbs machines.

Not so....REMEMBER me about a year or so ago.....so undependable on target id and not sure what you had to dig up under the coil....I stand with Jkline on his decision....
Once you became experienced with a fbs unit....the nox is no comparison whatsoever to a ctx3030 or an Etrac.....IMO, sell it for sure....unless you can't handle the heavier
Once you became experienced with a fbs unit....the nox is no comparison whatsoever to a ctx3030 or an Etrac.....IMO, sell it for sure....unless you can't handle the heavier fbs machines.
No doubt FBS machines are great performers on the coin hunting dept. but, not better on the beach and that’s a fact! I had the E-trac & know. E-trac rewarded me with some good finds for sure but, not like The Nox has ( on the beach). The Nox goes deeper at the beach on the wet. I’ve clearly seen that! ….Funny thing is , is the BBS machines are even deeper than FBS. My Excalibur & Sovereign can grab gold & coins undetectable with those machines ( When used right)… Thanks to the aid of threshold…….The users of those machines can attest to that!…… And as far as the AT Pro vs Nox…..OMG!

Good luck 👍

I own the Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack and I can tell you this machine goes deep, has great tones and readings at all depths. I'm able to run this detector at full sensitivity practically at all times. I am totally happy with the performance of this detector.

This type of thread can go on forever and there would be no clear "better mousetrap." I hunt with two fellows that each use CTX 3030's and one also a Dues. They can go behind me and my Nox 600 and find coins and I behind them and find coins. All my spots have been repeatedly hunted, many times by me and my F 75's and other units as well as countless other hunters. Quite frankly, there still is no perfect detector being produced and one that can be called a true game changer. I like my Nox as I am finding as many coins as my CTX buddies and doing so swinging a lot less weight. In fact, off of my silver success with the Nox one of my buddies is going to add a Nox 800 to his arsenal.

You've probably already made your detector choice decision, Setting Bull, so what ever you have chosen or choose, give it plenty of time and learn its language well. Doing so, you will have made the correct detector choice. HH jim tn

Contact Richard at Backwoods Detectors in Greenville Tn. He is very knowledgeable and will assist