Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help me choose

arclyt

I am on the fence on getting a second water machine and the minelab excal seems to attract my attention. I have a BHID by Whites and love it. I know that this machine is superior to the one i have and will keep the BHID as a second water machine. So forum friends 800--1000-Excal 2 ????????????? Have a Great Weekend--HH

You might as well fall off that fence because the Xcal is the way to go out there. With disc you can cover a lot of beach without digging those pesty iron targets. You may miss some deep gold with this disc..... but i think most agree the odds are on your side with the ability to disc. Why be on the fence.... this thing will pay for its self if you use it. If you are going to water hunt..... you really do need to use the best machine you can afford.

Dew

If you can afford the price of the Excal it's the only way to fly for maximum depth in a water detector. If money is an issue then I'm big on the AT Pro for it's super low price in a dual purpose water/land machine. Since it also has a full function LCD screen it's also a great land machine. Many Minelab guys have one for a backup on days they want to swing faster while working heavy trash. Minelabs will unmask with the best of them but you have to swing slower to do that, where as a fast recovery speed machine allows you to swing a good bit faster and not risk as much masking targets. The AT Pro won't get the depth of the Excal in water usually, nor will it handle the salt and minerals as well, and on land it won't get the depth of the Sovereign or other Minelabs usually, but in terms of being able to swing faster while working say heavy iron it has it's purpose. It's also more sensitive to fine gold like thin chains than the Minelabs are, which can be a perk to some water hunters, but just the same the Minelabs will bang hard super deep on the thinnest of gold rings. It's just chains and tiny gold earings and such that they have issues with. But way I look at it most gold that's lost is in the form of rings, so the Excal will shine above all others for that IMO...

I've owned both machines and IMHO the BHID is not nearly as good as the Excal. The Excal has superior depth and discrimination capabilities. The 800 is lighter, easier to push through the water, much better in heavy trash and pinpoints much better. The 1000 gets better coverage and is probably a little deeper. Sold my BHID and have no regrets.