Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help me!cibola with GB control mod or Vaquero

obolusman

Yes I had two cibolas before and good lord they air tested over 12" and one 14" on a quarter but just about half that in the field.
I just sold my eldorado and can anyone honestly help me out that has owned them both.
I think the Vaquero will blow the Cibola away and I never owned one.I'm just a coin shooter and don't care about relics.
I think the eldorado is way better than the Cibola.very light and quick and it can get to 8".it was deeper than the bandido ll
I thought it was much better than the silver umax and quick to set up.I almost bought the golden two or three times but I know the eldorado was deeper and held off.
Now I hear they have an improved golden umax.
OB

If there's a mod'd cibola available for cheaper than a vaq I say it's worth trying. You wont be dissppointed. If not just get the vaquero.

Modded Cibolas will have no warranty...Unmodded Tesoros do.

Get the Vaq...love mine!

Warranty debate aside, I honestly believe the modded cibola has advantages over the Vaquero. I wouldn't bet against one with my vaquero in a side by side comparison. Still, itsnot worlds different... And it's easier, because of these debates to just get the vaquero.

The modded cibolas sell... Despite people believing warranty is a negative.

In relation to other brands ( short warranties ) or a used detector ( technically no warranty, except White's transferred warranty) the cibola is worth trying. It's a different animal... Ive bought many used detectors of other brands... $600+ no warranty... It wasn't an issue. Every time the "mod" word comes up some one always mentions warranty. You're right, but how often do u think they randomly break? Is it an issue? how many used detectors of other brands are listed every day with no warranty?

It's just funny to me when it's an issue for a Tesoro, when its technically not covered just for being second hand.

No offense ;-)

I've often wondered what are all differences between the Eldorado uMax and the Vaquero that replaced it. I really like the way my Eldorado operates. Would I be giving anything up to get more depth with the Vaquero?

First off ..an air test is not an indication of depth.....unless you plan to detect for coins in a box of styrofoam.
The cibola is not the deepest detector I agree but does what it does very well.

I agree with Gilmore. While air test don't give an accurate indication of in the ground depth, they do serve a useful purpose when comparing different coils, machines, or checking to see if your machine is still performing as well as the last time you checked, JMHO
BB