Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help me decide ... please!

larryk56

I am getting back into the hobby again and it's time for me to
buy another detector.

In the past, I had a M6 and thought it was a nice detector.
(Sold it)!

Now, I am hearing about the MX Sport.

Should I go back to the M6 or get the MX Sport?

I like to hunt for C & J.

I would of considered the Whites V3i because I like
the polar plot feature.

Problem is ....some say "you have to set it up correctly" ! (who knows what that means)!
and others said you have to be an engineer to learn how to use it.

Help me decide

I think the V3i just requires a bit more time to learn and understand.....its doable, just requires a bit more learning curve. The MX Sport ???? given its less than stellar launch and the problems it has had......I am not sure on this one.....as they say First impressions.....and the MX Sport left a bad one. But I see folks are using them and seem to have gotten the bugs out. I would be skeptical buying a used one as you don't know how old it is and don't know if all the bugs have been corrected on it. Even if working great it still is a somewhat heavy machine and partially nose heavy with the stock coil. It is waterproof if you need a waterproof machine.

If I wanted to stay with Whites I would prob lean towards a MXT ( original, pro or all pro) or M6. They are time proven and work pretty darn good. You can find great deals on either if you watch ebay or the classifieds and they each have a great coil selection from the manufacture and aftermarket.

I have had the v3i, mxt all pro and the sport. V3i needs so many adjustments it's no fun, sold it, the sport is way to heavy, vdi's are very bouncy, mxt = almost perfect.....jmho

I have the V3i and MXT (but can't comment on the MX Sport since I've never used one). While I enjoy them both, the V3i requires a lot more effort to get it to perform well. Lots of cool bells and whistles and very adjustable, and it's great for detector geeks. But for most of the rest of us, the MXT is the better machine. Almost as good performance as the V3i but a LOT easier to use and get properly adjusted. My recommendation would be an MXT. It's very similar to your old M6 but has a few more features and a better grip and rod design. Coming from the M6, you should instantly feel at home with the MXT without a steep learning curve.

I would look into the Whie's MXT (ALL) Pro It is like a bunch of detectors in one..
Coin / Jewelry
Relics
Prospecting
Knobs
Back light
Different tones
Ground grab
Locked forward pinpointing (works great with the sun ray probe)
The SEF 6x8" coil is great on it