Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help me decide which one to buy......

Well guys, It finally happened. My old Garrett Pro pointer finally died. Have had it a lot of years. I now am ready to buy a new Garrett but unlike the old days, I now have two choices, the Pro Pointer II and the Pro Pointer AT. I mainly relic hunt but occasionally coin hunt. For those of you that have used both, what would be the better choice??? I know both have their qualities about them. Should I get the Pro pointer II or the AT? I don't water hunt at this point but if the AT is as good or better than the Pro pointer II, maybe I should get it just in case I want to. I read where the Pro pointer II is all metal, but I did not see how Garrett had the AT listed. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Guys, just scrolled down and saw a post on the Garrett pro pointer comparison, good info. If you have any other info, I would still love to hear it. Thanks

I have used the original for several years, and I'm planning on getting an AT this spring, as I do a lot of shallow water hunting. Also relic hunt is some areas that could be called swamps in the spring, so the waterproof idea wins out.

John

Thanks, I went to the Garrett website and I found a video of the Garrett team using the AT on a relic hunt, looks like it is pretty good, think I may have found my replacement.

Iam still using the Garrett pro pointer ( 3yrs) and still works great. I like the features of new Pro Pointer II.
I just like to press the button and go , I don't need a bunch of settings.

need any help with your purchase give me a call
thanks
dennis

ThunderDome said:
Well guys, It finally happened. My old Garrett Pro pointer finally died. Have had it a lot of years. I now am ready to buy a new Garrett but unlike the old days, I now have two choices, the Pro Pointer II and the Pro Pointer AT. I mainly relic hunt but occasionally coin hunt. For those of you that have used both, what would be the better choice??? I know both have their qualities about them. Should I get the Pro pointer II or the AT? I don't water hunt at this point but if the AT is as good or better than the Pro pointer II, maybe I should get it just in case I want to. I read where the Pro pointer II is all metal, but I did not see how Garrett had the AT listed. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
I have both of them, The Garrett AT is nice, got 6 features, but the only thing I hate is sometimes you think you've turn it off and its still on. (As I'm driving home it starts to chirp). Honestly if you don't water hunt like me the Garrett 2 is the way to go. But there are the vibrate feature on the AT which is very nice if you don't want anyone to here it chirping.