Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

help me decide

todd9146

between a fisher coinstrike,cz5,cz70,excell. i looking for an easy to use coin detector,that has good depth and nails wont be to bad on. i have a minelab explorer and its way to hard to use(not bashing),so im thinking about one of the above,want to hear what you think.

I use an ID Excel. It's my first detector and it must be easy to use because I've done well with it. I've had no particular trouble with nails or iron in general except some large/shallow iron objects sometimes read (but I think that's true with many detectors).

EC

I have 3D, Coinstrike and the ID Excel.The Coinstrike will take time to learn,I used it last night and wanted to throw it in the lake,then got out the 3D and it worked great.Dont get me wrong theres times I will use the C$ with out any problems and it works great.I got Nancy the ID Excell and fell in love with it the first time I used it,its light, turn on and go and very little learn time.The 3D in close to what the CZ5.I dont know about the CZ70 I have never used one,Mike has the 70 and the 3D he can give you the pro and cons on both.There is heresay about a probe and maybe coil coming out for the ID Excel.I use the 3D more then any of then (thats because Nancy has a lock on the ID Excel).If I was starting out or wanted a back up I would get the ID Excel.If your coin hunting go with the 3D.

Now the 3d, is a great machine, but its more tailored to older sites, but you can still hunt modern sites with it. But, even when I had the Coinstrike, or when I use the CZ70 or the 3d, my wife will smoke me more times then not with her CZ5.Its one of the best coin machines.

BUT, for a good easy to use machine that is a real hit with most people and has the most bang for the buck, you can't beat the ID Excel, if you can overlook the graphics on the control box. But for $479.00 for a new one, it would be worth it to try out.

Todd,

I also like the ID Excel. One more little darrling you might want to look at is the Ace 250 By Garrett. They are both coin machines Plus+ I mention the 250 because you can pick one up for 200 buck's or even less used.

HH.......HDJ :detecting:

I had an Explorer (couldn't get the hang of it---too much adjusting), traded it in for an Excel. Didn't really (ahem)dig the numeric ID on the Excel and traded to the CZ70. NEVER LOOKED BACK! The 70 is the best machine I've ever used. Nails? Still dig a few, but no machine is 100%

w

ok,maybe coinstrike a little more complicated than what i want,so the cz70 or cz-5,or excell?which model goes the deepest of these three?

:fisher::) The CZ 70 , Coin Strike are the deeper detecting machines out of the ones mentioned.

Take Care

Bill G

thats about as deep as I want to dig. This isn't under all conditions in all areas, the depths will be different in different soils in different areas. The Coinstrike has about the same depth in my area as the CZ70.

I not only consider depth when buying a new detector, I also consider digital or analog display, rod mounting as far as comfort while hunting also total combined weight of the unit for comfort and possible all day hunting, Sweep speed of the coil ( I don't like a unit that I have to whip the coil like I'm betaing eggs or so slow that it takes a month of Sunday's to hunt a small area). The other things to look for is durability & warranty. These are the things that I personally look for when shopping for a detector and Fisher's have pretty much filled the bill for me.

HH,
Mike

First and foremost an Explorer can be as easy or hard as you want it to be so I guess you are looking at user friendly as Coinstrike does have a learning period and doesn't have the depth in my neck of the woods as a CZ I would eliminate that first...Contrary to some posts all CZ's go approx. the same depth which is deep in a user friendly fashion...Its all a matter of choice as some like analog and some digital...Analog CZ's such as the 5 and 3D are faster have a S handle and are more tanklike with a better thought out battery and hipmount makeupup, can change
parameters much closer 1-2-3- and somewhere in between while digital are 2-4-6...Also much easier to switch to autotune back and forth from disc. which many find handy as they hunt in autotune and switch to disc. to check out a target..
Digital CZ's such as the 70 have a pistol grip which many like better, are weather resistant and notching is far superior as it is not linear. Just a basic rundown on both above and time to visit a Fisher dealer to try both on for size as either is a good choice. Down and dirty its your choice my friend...

well i think the cz5 is what i want but could i get some cons on this unit?i hunt very old foundations and there are a lot of broken rusty nails but no foil or beer tabs.

It is easily one of the best ID machines I have ever used for hunting those old trashy iron infested sites. The only other Fisher in the same league for that is the 1236X2.

HH Tom

still need help,its a tough decision between the cz's they all seem good!but the cz-5,70,and 3d seem to fit my hunting style.i am still worried about rusty nails.i understand checking the signal both directions,but there are so many rusty nails its hard to pinpoint multiple nails and the noise takes my concentration away from the good stuff.

Let's talk CZ's a little.

Monte at: MonteVB@comcast.net