Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help Me To Decide

CladDog

I know this question has been asked a million times.

But right now I'm trying to decide between an AT Pro and the AT Gold.

I know they are both good, deep hunters, each with their own unique set of characteristics.

Here is what's hold me up. I am a coin and jewelry hunter only. I don't hunt with relics in mind.

But when I say jewelry, I want the possibility of finding gold chains in addition to gold rings.

Am I going to lose thinner gold chains by hunting with the ATP as opposed to the ATG?

Or are they same on thinner gold chains?

Logic is telling me ATG because of its features, but I have also seen people finding thicker gold chains with the ATP.

I know lots of folks have plenty of experience with both, so any feedback based on experience would be appreciated.

Thanks to you all in advance.

Go with the AT Pro. The ability to pick up chains should be about the same. You will need to use the 5x8 inch coil for best results......

Thanks John.

I will defer to your considerable experience with both. Getting the AT Pro.

I will also get the 5x8 coil which everyone raves about.

Of course I am biased towards the AT Gold. If you buy the ATP and extra coil, you have spent about the same money as the ATG. I would not want to trade it for the ATP. Yeah, if you just want the mindless beeps, get the ATP. Even the difference between DISC 1 or 2 and the All Metal mode, there is so much info you get in AMM. It's like you can feel the target. I don't know, there is a learning curve for AMM which Clive Clynick talks about in his books. I was never an AMM hunter until I read his books. The ATG has more features for working difficult ground. The ground balance is more sensitive. If you're the type who does not like to ground balance often, maybe the ATP is what you want. Obviously the ATP is geared more towards beginners.

Take it from me, I purchased the ATP and the ATG at the same time. About a month later I sold the ATG and use the clad money I found with the ATP and purchase the 5x8 coil. The ATG was a good machine but didn't have the notch ability plus and this is very important if you are looking for gold ring. On the ATP you can actually tell if its a can slob with it's sound, The gold didn't have it,,that's my opinion anyway.

I Love my AT-Gold and at one time had the Pro and Gold and the Pro became a dust collector so I sold it. I am a coin and relic hunter and I find jewelry regularly when coin hunting. Yes the pro has notch capabilities but last time I checked some gold rings register right where pulltabs notch out.Also I love the way some detetorist notch out zinc pennies some big gold class rings fall in that category. So notch on and I'll keep coming behind you cashing in!!

I found a platinum 18.5 gram men's wedding ring this summer in about 4 ft. of lake water with my SUPER GREAT AT PRO ALONG WITH 3 GOLD RINGS AND CLAD.:clapping: