Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help,,Navy ?

billn1956

I found this today at a 1820 home site.All that i can see on it is the old type anchor it is very thin and used to be braded to something it looks like any way.Any help i d this would be most welcomed.The coin is for size comparision.

I think GGG is on the mark. I have a Navy issue shirt that has plastic buttons and although the anchor is a larger scale, relative to the button size, it looks pretty much identical to the anchor on your find. Probably the front half of a two-piece Navy issue button. Button experts....?
HH
Scott

Don't think it's a button. Buttons were not braded. Can you post a back view. TomB

A bigger coin for comparision,I cant see it being a button due to its large size,But that is why i am asking cause i really dont have a clue.Thanks every one.

billn..I'm rather sure it is not a button. The brad holes (12) really throws me. I'm thinking some type of rosette maybe. It appears to be brass because of the patina.

Well a member of arh,sent me pictures of it in the North south traders, civil war, July- August issue of 1994. It is a Revolutionary War Navel Officers neck stock.,,I would never of thought I would find some thing from the Rev war hear in Arkansas.It is true you just never know what you are going to dig up next.