Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:help:Need some help MX-5 vs. Vaquero :shrug:

C.J.M.

Would anyone have any feed back about the whites MX-5 vs. Tesoro vaquero:please:Whats your choice:confused:

If it were me, I'd look elsewhere. With Tesoro GONE should your detector fail in need of
repair you are pretty much stuck with a non working detector. As for the White's machine,
Not much going on with them these days. Can't see them hanging on much longer.
There's much better out there forthe same money roughly. Better depth, faster responses,
for much better seperation when hunting. JMHO... Good Luck in your decision.

silverseeker2

You would have to buy them used. Absolutely no reason to buy the Vaquero new and it would be fairly hard to find a new MX5. I have owned and enjoyed both but no longer have them.

If you don't mind not have multiple target ID tones, numerical target IDs and several search modes, then the Vaquero is an awesome detector. Just be ready to do quite a bit of guessing, and some knob turning. Great depth, fairly easy to set up, ground balancing takes some practice and very sensitive to small targets.

The MX5 is an awesome detector too. Quite a bit heavier than the Vaquero. All of its features are really nice. I did not like the tendency to give threshold low tones for deeper targets in its discrimination modes, its auto tracking and kind of mushy target separation/smearing. Otherwise, a great detector.

Like silverseeker 2 said, I would look elsewhere like the MX7 or Sport if you want a Whites. Nokta Makro are making some incredible detectors too and then there is the Equinox.

Jeff

I have never used a Vaquero, so I can't comment on that machine.

I do own/use a MX5. It is a great machine, but one that is out of production. You can find good deals on a used MX5, but you wouldn't have a warranty.

The MX7 and MX Sport (Whites machines) are a step up (over the MX5) in most aspects. I do own a MX Sport (great machine, very under rated IMO).

There are also other makes/models to consider.