Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help needed, no sound.

Crusty

My new Deus arrived today so the first thing I did was charge everything to full charge.
Then since the remote was V2 I did the upgrade to V3.1 as per the instruction.
I get tones when using the remotes speaker but nothing from the WS5 headphones. Strange because during the upgrade the programe said it was also updating the headphones so the remote must have recognized the headphones. But I just can't seem to get any sound from the remote to the headphones.

Dave

Do you have the WS4 and WS5?

Switch OFF the remote control then switch ON the headphones press MENU on headphones and scroll
down to VOL adjust the volume in the headphones using + and - buttons.
Hope this helps.

Les.

Another silly question, did you Validate or not to use the loudspeaker when remote is first switched on ?

Les.

Maybe the headphones doent have the right coil selected in the menu, so it will not produce any sound.

The reason I asked about headphones was if you have more than one on during the update the sound issue is what happens and it requires a trip to the service center to correct - hence the warning on the screen when you update the software. It looks like you have only one set so that is not the issue.

If you have 2 coils, make sure as was mentioned that the right coil is selected on the menu.

When you power the WS5 phones on, does the screen show "3.1" or "2.0"? This will tell you if the headphones in fact were updated. If they still show "2.0", simply redo the update process and make sure the headphones are fully charged when you do the update - that will also impact the results.

If you have V3.1 on the headphones and V3.1 appears on the remote when you turn it on, you should have the communincation link for all three pieces to work.

Did you happen to try the Deus before you did the update? If so, did you get sound from the WS5 phones then and no nothing?

Let us know if this makes a difference and what the results are . . . .

Andy

Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I was hoping to be out hunting with the Deus right now but unfortunately I need to get this worked out before I dirty the new equipment.

To answer the questions so far;

- I have the WS5 phones only.
-Yes I have already turned the volume on the phones up to 9
-When I turned on the remote I chose no speaker. (Remote does work fine with speaker on)
- Headphones menu does not in itself have a select coil selection option, only the remote
-Only one set of headphones and one coil.
-Headphones show 31 when turned on and are fully charged. So the phones did update.
-Unfortunately I did not try the new equipment before I charged the 3 pieces and then did the update.

I did notice this morning that if I turn on only the WS5 headphones near the coil it shows full headphone charge but an empty coil charge. So the phones and coil are not communicating it seems.

Dave

you should have a coil selection.(its the last menu item after volume
if no coil present, try to add your coil, in coil selection on the headphone press the + button for 5 seconds and add the serial of your coil.
more on how to do this is found here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-LRGyvCM

hamdit said:
you should have a coil selection.(its the last menu item after volume
if no coil present, try to add your coil, in coil selection on the headphone press the + button for 5 seconds and add the serial of your coil.
more on how to do this is found here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-LRGyvCM

Ah! Thank you hamdit. I didn't see that the headphones also have a way to manually enter the coil serial number. Once I did that the headphones work great.:clap:

Now I'm just contacting my dealer because these WS5 headphones are waaaay too loose even though I have huge a head. I want to exchange them for a set of backphones. Expecially since I have already ordered a pair of those CP6 Headphones (Chefphones) which will give me the best of both worlds.

Dave