Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help needed replacing Eagle Headphone Jack

gmccool

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question or not but here goes. I have a pair of Eagle Metal Detecting Headphones that need repair. They work pretty good but stress on the cable where it connects to the plug has broken through the cable casing. It hasn't broken off completely yet but it will soon. There seems to be 3 wires going into the jack, a red, a black, and a white one. I would like to replace the jack with a right angle / 90 degree plug in order to relieve some of the stress off of the cord where it enters the plug.
I currently live in Germany and have not been able to find the replacement jack I am looking for here or on eBay. Does anyone have an idea where I could purchase a quality replacement jack. I am pretty sure that I could solder the wires myself. I can receive mail here through the Army APO mail system so I could order a replacement if you could just point me in the right directioin

Thanks for your assistance.

Greg

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I did look at Radio Shack on-line but I didn't see anything that would work for me. I was hoping that someone had already done this and had a right angle audio jack that would be good for handling the stress from metal detecting.
Greg

Try this, hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgZy-hY5Oo

Hey GMC! I'm doing the same thing this weekend..!

heres what I found...google "hosa right angle 1/4" male trs cable"
You will find them for sale on Amazon and a place called BH photovideo and a lot others...you can buy a blank plug, or what I'm gonna do is get a hosa css-103rr which is two of those stereo plugs with 3' of wire connecting them...then, I'm gonna cut that in half and determine if I want a longer headphone cable and solder it on to the existing cable and shrink tube the connection...that way I have a spare plug, or can give it to a friend...anyway on amazon its 5.79...
You might be able to find something local at a store that caters to musicians...radio shack did not have what I wanted or liked..best buy had the straight connectors...make sure the connector is Stereo and not MONO!
Mud

Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for the help! The video will surely help and last night I went ahead and ordered 2 right angle plugs on eBay. Unfortunately I will have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive. I am sure that I can handle the soldering. The weather here is really improving and its time to get out for a Walk About!
Thanks again for every-ones help!!!
Happy Hunting.
Greg