Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help needed

John D.

Hello Everyone,
SPRING IS HERE!!! I went detecting today without a jacket. However I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.
I have owned a GTP 1350 for about two years and I use it nearly every day. I am having a problem with the headphone jack. When I plug in the jack, both the internal speaker and the headphone emit sound. I know I could send it back to GARRETT, however I own only one detector and I don't want to be without a detector, especially now that Spring is here.
Has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you resolve it?
Thank You in Advance.
Your Friend,
John D.

I haven't had this problem, however I would put money on the female end (on the battery pac) having a wire loose. It's a fairly simple fix if you are used to using a soldering gun. But, try another headset anyways......see if it makes a difference.

Please call (1-800 527- 4011) or Email Sue.Wilson@garrett.com and run this scenario by her. I can appreciate your feelings on NOT having a detector while it is being repaired.

It sounds like you have mastered the GTP 1350 if you are detecting almost daily. It is an excellent coin finder and LOVES silver.

Good Luck John!

Now may be the time to invest in two things:
- An checkup/tuneup for your 1350
- a backup detector.

Yes, the GTP 1350 does LOVE silver and I have around 200 silver coins to prove it. I live in a county where there are many coin shooters with 20-30 years experience and I have found coins in areas that have been "hunt out for years." I just hate to be without my coin magnet for a couple of weeks.
Your Friend,
John D.
PS Thanks for the advise.

I can relate John. I have been a fan of the entire GT series for years, ever since I got my first GTA1000. I have said time and again that the GTP1350 just may be the ideal all round detector. I have others, but I expect I will have a 1350 for a long time to come.

I wasn't trying to make light of your feelings, either. But, before the season gets too far along, now is the time to move by getting that 1350 checked out, repaired and given a clean bill of health.

Too, if you do nothing about your problem, then your detector will surely let you down at the worst time. With a back up, this is less of a problem, so I strongly urge you to get a reasonably priced second unit. Something like an Ace 250 would be ideal as there would be little change in operation for you. When I got my Ace, I paid $165 for it. Im sure you could find a used one, too, and that is some cheap insurance.

Would you believe it, I had a ACE 250 and I loaned it to a friend and she liked it so much, she talked me into selling it to her.
I guess I will just have to buy another one and soon.