Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP, NEW TO DEUS

rockstar

(Edited to make the message more readable)

HELP . . . . I am new to the Deus

I have been detecting for 5yrs. Started with a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, did real good. Then I went to a Garrett AT PRO, did a lot better. Then I went to the XP Deus not well at all. Took it to Florida, first time out, I found a small silver ear-ring in damp sand, in the wet-sand mode at 2.5 in down. But that was it.

I am a coin hunter from Jackson, MI - I can never tell how deep a coin is the same coin will not have the same number it tends to] find coins at about 8 in ok but not great. I pump GB every time I start out and run in Basic 1. I would think it should do better then the at pro

I am about to make some-one a real deal on this thing

take the capslock off.....

read the manual again .....and again until all functions are second nature ...

do not just read it..... read it and use your remote to visit all the features it describes....one page at a time ...

use tracking ......

what are you hunting for milled coins .....or gold .....targets in the worst iron ....Use the right Freq. (Khz) for the job at hand ....know how to change them with out thinking

depth preception is in the audio responce seting 0-5 i like 2-3 but higher numbers make all deep sounds and shallow sounds the same ....

number thingie on VDI sounds like your sweeping to fast for the ground your in and have the gain jacked up to high for your settings and ground conditions all the same

everything needs to tweaked (find the sweet spot ) do not be afraid to back off ....."Hercules throws Rocks....he does not dig Gold"

read every thing you can find and ask your self what would my settings be to find what these great finds That R posted world wide....

finally grass hopper when you wish to be a true Master ..........drum roll please ......... tape over your meter.... guess 5 (Tragets) correctly....for 5 for 5 targets you must be

intimate with the laugauge and know every setting to enhance that laugauge ....

Happy Trails
jimpugh

I have run an AT-Pro since they were released and have mastered it. Late last summer I bought an XP Deus. The two detectors are quite different to say the least. I have struggled myself to learn the Deus, and have a looong way to go. Just keep using it, it will slowly come to you. I learn something new about it each time I take it out.

only been out a handful of times with the Deus, best tip is to read, read and read. I have been to many forums and read different ideas. All have helped best tips for me an my soil where. Turn on machine away from any metal and run my GB in tracking mode. Works the best for me. I always turn on my mahcine away from any metal but some people dont it really messes with the deus. I run a modified basic 1 program that really is nice. I get some pretty good depth with it now.

Been using Deus for a month and very impressed. Went to colonial site that is infested with iron and has been hammered. Etrac, Whites MXT, V3i and a Blisstool were used for several hours. Minelab Etrac got a piece of pewter that only the Blisstool could hear. Came back with the Deus for 40 minutes and found 5 buttons and 3 pieces of pewter. Great machine in iron. Craig

You need to learn the XP sounds and then match them to the numerics on the screen.

There was a DVD by Norfolk Wolf (RIP) with XP sounds which a few years back I played many times and that way I learned what the machine was trying to tell me.

I can now have a comp with the machine in whats going to come out from the sounds andscreen reading.

If I doubt the Deus it wins every time.:thumbup:

Practice and patience makes perfect.Jerry.

rockstar said:
HELP
NEW TO DEUS
I HAVE BEEN TECING FOR 5YR.
STARTED WITH A BOUNTY-HUNTER Q-SILVER, DID REAL GOOD.
THEN I WENT TO A AT PRO, DID A LOT BETTER.
THEN I WENT TO THE XP DEUS NOT WELL AT ALL.
TOOK IT TO FLORIDA, FIRST TIME OUT, I FOUND A SMALL
SILVER EAR-RING IN DANP SAND,IN THE WET-SAND MODE
AT 25 IN DOWN. BUT THAT WAS IT
I AM A COIN HUNTER FROM JACKSON MICH
I CAN NEVER TELL HOW DEEP A COIN IS
THE SAME COIN WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME NUMBER
IT TENDS TO] FIND COINS AT ABOUT 8 IN OK BUT NOT GRATE
I PUMP GB EVERY TIME I START OUT
I RUN INBASIC 1
I WOULD THINK IT SHOULD DO BETTER THEN THE AT PRO
I AM ABOUT TO MAKE SOME-ONE A REAL DEAL ON THIS THING

Don't give up yet I have a bunch of different detectors they all have strong and weak points. The AT pro will likely beat the Deus depth wise every time. The Deus for me is a detector I like in heavy iron trash and for smaller targets in iron trash that others may not get. Clean ground and deep targets your at pro will be as good likely better.

Jason

but if you want to "Think" your Atpro is deeper.....then please proceed.... just let me know where your hunting .....

lot of peopel change detectors like under wear and never take the time to really know any ....

least with Deus "I" decide what.... the trade off... is in THE ground... I'm in.....Not some manufacture that has one flavor for all ....

I use the Atpro to scout ........but that is about it .....the heavy artillery is brought in ......and when it comes time.... for a.... "Final Answer"

GPX 5000 ...(if the site is Worthy) ....but most the time its just the Deus and maybe the ctx3030......but really the 3030 hurts my elbow and me and the deus have become second nature....

i really do not care if you use a pogo stick .....Nobody bought me these detectors I put the time in and enjoyed the "finds" this is still FIND MALL is it not ....

the Atpro is a good unit but it will Never be even close to a.... Deus's...... shadow.

hey do not mind me just take your pro to england, france, or spain hit the fields and pasture.......the locals will hand you your rear on a silver platter....maybe even A Viking

silver platter.....the cival war and even revolutinary war are still sold in thrift stores in the Mother Land....

my main units right now are the XP Deus , XP Gold Maxx Power V4 , CTX3030 , ATPRO ....... In that order.....

any way just not gonna sit here and Not speak up .....not trying to start a detector War .....best advice is get off your duff and learn what ever you own and do NOT listen to any

arm chair experts ......listen to guys that have holes in thier shoes from kicking shovels and making finds

Happy Trails
jimpugh

For coins use program GMP, leave discrimination as it is, increase sensivity as high as you can bear (I use 99), increase TX Power to 3, go down with GB as low as you can bear or use Tracking, use headphones and dig all clean repetable signals reading above 45.

It just takes a little tweaking and a little patience to turn the Deus into a proper US coin hunter. It

jimpugh said:
but if you want to "Think" your Atpro is deeper.....then please proceed.... just let me know where your hunting .....

lot of peopel change detectors like under wear and never take the time to really know any ....

least with Deus "I" decide what.... the trade off... is in THE ground... I'm in.....Not some manufacture that has one flavor for all ....

I use the Atpro to scout ........but that is about it .....the heavy artillery is brought in ......and when it comes time.... for a.... "Final Answer"

GPX 5000 ...(if the site is Worthy) ....but most the time its just the Deus and maybe the ctx3030......but really the 3030 hurts my elbow and me and the deus have become second nature....

i really do not care if you use a pogo stick .....Nobody bought me these detectors I put the time in and enjoyed the "finds" this is still FIND MALL is it not ....

the Atpro is a good unit but it will Never be even close to a.... Deus's...... shadow.

hey do not mind me just take your pro to england, france, or spain hit the fields and pasture.......the locals will hand you your rear on a silver platter....maybe even A Viking

silver platter.....the cival war and even revolutinary war are still sold in thrift stores in the Mother Land....

my main units right now are the XP Deus , XP Gold Maxx Power V4 , CTX3030 , ATPRO ....... In that order.....

any way just not gonna sit here and Not speak up .....not trying to start a detector War .....best advice is get off your duff and learn what ever you own and do NOT listen to any

arm chair experts ......listen to guys that have holes in thier shoes from kicking shovels and making finds

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Was this ment for me?
Set them up and do the test with the stock coils the AT pro is deeper. Did not say better just deeper. I dont get into the my detector is the best argument. Have found many civil war relics putting in hundreds if not thousands of hours so don't think I am a arm chair expert. Found a confederate button that I was able to trade For a CTX no cash paid out. So I have done a little hunting. The OP had talked about the AT pro that is why I compared them. I like my Deus too. Check the different forums to see what is being found and posted then form your own opinion as to what is making the finds. All of the top brands have great detectors . The Deus has its strong points the AT Pro has its strong points. No use to get upset about it relax get out and hunt and enjoy your self.

Jason

Button will go up.

3030 will go down just like the etrac another good machine.

My test show it beating the ATpro ( Garrett's answer to XP Gold Maxx Power the most sought after Euoropean machine)

Always test and tweak for your freq. and use the right freq. for the targets you want to find ......

So that is 4 detectors in my Deus.

One in the Atpro.

The 3030 broad band and that opens up another can of worms and and can cause problems for those that do not know better.

Unfortunately it's not always Blue Skies and Lollipops......

jimspics033.jpg

Happy Trails
jimpugh

All I know is that I've used machines from every manufacturer over the last 15 years but my first time out with the deus I was finding things (coins and jewllery) that I have never found before in places I have pounded for years with all the other machines. Works for me!

n/t

jimpugh said:
Button will go up.

3030 will go down just like the etrac another good machine.

My test show it beating the ATpro ( Garrett's answer to XP Gold Maxx Power the most sought after Euoropean machine)

Always test and tweak for your freq. and use the right freq. for the targets you want to find ......

So that is 4 detectors in my Deus.

One in the Atpro.

The 3030 broad band and that opens up another can of worms and and can cause problems for those that do not know better.

Unfortunately it's not always Blue Skies and Lollipops......

jimspics033.jpg

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Yea the button was sweet and the Deus is a fine detector have to know how to set it up and what to expect. Traded the button because a guy who collected rare buttons needed one to go in his GA button collection and I wanted something new to play with. Button was sitting in a case collecting dust and I was not in love with it. So I traded it got me a fancy new detector and cashed in over $2000 in beach and water gold found with it last summer so I think I did OK. Both the pro and the Deus are good detectors but the mine is better than yours thing I will leave for folks to find out there self. Hope all your finds are silver gold and maybe a nice pice of brass from time to time. :)

Jason

n/t

THANK YOU ALL
I THINK THE DEUS IS A GOOD DETECTOR BUT VERY HARD TO USE.
I AM LEGALLY BLIND,& WENT TO THE DEUS SO I CAN HAND-HOLD
THE CONTROL BOX, GET IT CLOSER TO MY EYES SO I CAN READ IT
THE VDI # ON THE AT-PRO ARE GETTING HARDER FOR ME TO READ
I HAVE MOUNTED THE AT-PRO HEAD AS HIGH AS THE CORD ON THE
COIL WILL LET ME.. BUT I THINK I AM GOING TO GO BACK TO THE AT-PRO
THANKS ROCKSTAR

Yep, you are having the same problems with that Deus thingy I had.

I sold it,... waited a few months,... thought about it a few months,... had it mess with my brain for a time,...
Finally broke down in tears and bought another one,... again with all the trimmings and stuffing.

I like my coins and jewelry and it likes the coins and jewelry.
Call me crazy, but I'm running disc at 65, everything above 85 is switched to the Deus Iron grunt.

So effectively cherry picking only the sweetest sounding signals.
And I'm actually digging 1910 era coins in amongst iron and trash.

My new Deus has some sort of plug where the remote should be on the stem. Haven't removed that plug once.

scoopjohnb said:
Yep, you are having the same problems with that Deus thingy I had.

I sold it,... waited a few months,... thought about it a few months,... had it mess with my brain for a time,...
Finally broke down in tears and bought another one,... again with all the trimmings and stuffing.

I like my coins and jewelry and it likes the coins and jewelry.
Call me crazy, but I'm running disc at 65, everything above 85 is switched to the Deus Iron grunt.

So effectively cherry picking only the sweetest sounding signals.
And I'm actually digging 1910 era coins in amongst iron and trash.

My new Deus has some sort of plug where the remote should be on the stem. Haven't removed that plug once.

What kind of depth are you getting hunting with that program? I have thought about running high discrimination but I haven

Sorry to hear that you are opting to move on from the Deus . . . it is acually one of the easiest detectors to use once you get it dialed in for your area. To be honest, for a specific type pf hunting I have a specific program that might require one or two tweaks in different areas but otherwise, I just dig the goodies and smile at the lack of weight.

It sounds like you are making it more difficult than you should have . . . have you set it up to hunt by sound?

Andy Sabisch