Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP, NEW TO DEUS

KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid.

You have 9 preset programmes that were tested and researched by the inventor Alain and John Lynne for at least 1.5 years
before the public really heard anything about this new innovation to the world of metal detecting.

I have been using one in the UK for well over 3 years now and do quite well, using Deus Fast,GMP and G-Maxx settings.

Having found many items including all the precious metals and ancient artefacts one thing has been very noticable "Dont try to run before you can walk".this machine and it will not let you down.

Getting used to the Deus sounds was a problem to me as my hearing could be better at 79 but I finally got there and I dont dig much rubbish these days, as I know by sound and numeric read-out exactly what Monsieur Deus is trying to tell me.

Have fun and keep it simple.Jerry.

I agree with Andy and JBM, the Deus is quite simple once you get used to it. Just like anything you can make this detector as complicated as you want too or as simple as you want too, I have been detecting 20 years and about 7 months with the Deus and the majority of the time you can use a factory preset program with just minor tweaks and the Deus is outstanding on coins and jewelry and discriminating out the trash. To me the vdi #'s are very accurate compared to a lot of other high end detectors but like everyone says once you get used to those tones the Deus will tell you whats in the ground every time.

Running it at only 40 sens and 0-1 audio boost, it isn't getting much depth.
On the other hand there is a minimum of iron falsing, trash is very easy to identify and I'm finding old coins which give me slight whispers.

I'm only using ground balance tracking for a few minutes and then dial in the Ground balance manualy a few points below what the detector decides is OK.
In short the detector is running extremely stable and giving me positive ID on the conductivity band I'm searching for.

I'm starting to like it!

Deusdigger said:
scoopjohnb said:
Yep, you are having the same problems with that Deus thingy I had.

I sold it,... waited a few months,... thought about it a few months,... had it mess with my brain for a time,...
Finally broke down in tears and bought another one,... again with all the trimmings and stuffing.

I like my coins and jewelry and it likes the coins and jewelry.
Call me crazy, but I'm running disc at 65, everything above 85 is switched to the Deus Iron grunt.

So effectively cherry picking only the sweetest sounding signals.
And I'm actually digging 1910 era coins in amongst iron and trash.

My new Deus has some sort of plug where the remote should be on the stem. Haven't removed that plug once.

What kind of depth are you getting hunting with that program? I have thought about running high discrimination but I haven

I have troubles seeing the screens on detectors also, so I just ordered a Deus and this remote control arm band case off of Ebay. Should not have any problems now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XP-DEUS-Remote-Control-Unit-Arm-Band-Case-/290893956889?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item43baa18719

rockstar said:
THANK YOU ALL
I THINK THE DEUS IS A GOOD DETECTOR BUT VERY HARD TO USE.
I AM LEGALLY BLIND,& WENT TO THE DEUS SO I CAN HAND-HOLD
THE CONTROL BOX, GET IT CLOSER TO MY EYES SO I CAN READ IT
THE VDI # ON THE AT-PRO ARE GETTING HARDER FOR ME TO READ
I HAVE MOUNTED THE AT-PRO HEAD AS HIGH AS THE CORD ON THE
COIL WILL LET ME.. BUT I THINK I AM GOING TO GO BACK TO THE AT-PRO
THANKS ROCKSTAR

I bought my wife a deus because she wasn't finding stuff. Since then she hasn, t looked back..she is winkling small finds out of fields that have really been worked over. Things you can do to improve the machine ( this is for uk but should still apply elsewhere.
Increase disc to 30, this is high for us but knocks out the coke which the deus excels in finding.
Sens to 95
Frequency to18, yes the lower frequency does work but on a worked out field punches up the small finds rate. In might in fact get annoying at how small some of the bits are. In the uk we have very small silver coins and the 18 frequency does find them. It will reduce the depth.
Reactivity to 3, enables to work closer to iron.
Audio response to 5 increasing audio gain on small deep objects.