Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help on Safari?

qkslvr

My friend has a Safari, and we were comparing coin signals in a field yesterday. Whenever I had him come and compare when my CTX3030 had a coin signal, he usually got a 12 or 17 on his Safari. After about 4-5 signals like this, I had him turn 90 degrees after initially scanning the targets. When he turned 90 degrees, he would then get either a number in the 30s or a 40. I'd dig the target and it would be a penny or dime. I'm thinking he might have a bad coil. He was running in stock coin mode with auto sensitivity. Is this behavior consistent with Safaris, or is it user error, or a problem with his machine. He was using a very slow sweep speed.

Thanks for any tips!

I have never found a coin that read 12 or 17, I will find pennies that read around 29-30,usually they are really chewed up memorials. I did find an old Chinese coin that read like foil (10).
Tell him to try doing a factory reset, hold the power button in when he powers it up& it will factory reset.

I dont have a clue. If MM's suggestion doesnt work, I'd contact your dealer and then Minelab. Let us know how it goes.

More than likely your CTX found a coin near trash or iron.When he turned 90 degrees he got a cleaner signal.The real question is how did it sound, it should have been worth digging.If he was hunting with more discrimination than he may have not got it at all.The Safari at lower disc or stock coin program will tend to add the signal response,meaning if you have a nickel or penny together or close you may get a signal in the low 20's I have found coins all over the scale go by the sounds he will learn a lot by what you are doing out in the field comparing signals.Make sure he listens to nulling it will gauge the amount of trash in his area and what speed he should be hunting at.I do not think there is anything wrong with his machine he is hunting in very low discrimination compared to most Safari users.

Thanks for the tips. So do most of you recommend he change from the stock coin program? What IDs should he accept or reject? I hadn't thought about the null, that is a good point. We are both using similar sized coils. I'm just trying to get him comfortable with coins and jewelry.

Read thru the last month or so of posts here; theres a lot of talk about #s. But always emphasize learning the Tones.