Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help Please Bottle

u2robert

I know nothing about bottles except they hold stuff
Found this one today in with a bunch of broken glass this one was full of dirt
If one I've dug I didn't break.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1707 (1).JPG
    IMG_1707 (1).JPG
    900.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    883.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    952.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 300
Im not seeing any letters or numbers on the bottom? Pics a bit out of focus but I dont see twist on cap so thats good. Is that a nickel? Not much help but internet search for dating old jars should help....

My best guess is a jam or jelly jar. They used to use zinc lids to seal......

I could be very wrong.... But I think It's an older baby food jar.... I used to hit an old farmers dump in the woods years ago... there were tons of these jars like this all over.... never any lids... the trash was all late 50's to early 60's erra .... right before the banned tossing stuff on your own property...