Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP telescopic bar for reduce NOKTA FORS RELIC dimension

icemax

hello to the whole forum (from Italy)

is anyone aware of how to turn a NOKTA FORS RELIC into a telescopic?
I would like to reduce the size of the nokta

thanks in advance to those who can help me :clapping:

I stand 6' and my two Nokta FORS CoRe and two FORS Relic devices used to all call for the lower rod to be adjusted to the shortest length possible. That made them too long, at their shortest length, for some of my friends and family who are shorter stature people. Thus uncomfortable to use due to a poor weight and balance. It had the search coil sticking way out in front of them. Also, it made a tight fit trying to have them ready-to-use and laying on the back seat in a smaller-size vehicle as they were too long at their shortest adjustment.

So, I took all four of my Nokta detectors in that configuration to my oldest son. I measured the size I needed and he took them in his shop and quickly had then customized so I have a great fit. He shortened the middle rods and relocated the rod-lock tensioner piece. Then shortened the lower rod and repositioned the spring snap-lock piece. Now they adjust shorter to better fit in a vehicle, a cramped detector bag, or a smaller stature, aka shorter, person. Where I used to operate with the lower rod at the shortest adjustment position, I now adjust the lower rod to the middle adjustment hole and for transport I can reduce it two holes shorter to the new shorter-length.

So No, it isn't collapsible as such, but it does go shorter and makes a better fit for three of my friends who are shorter and needed a more adjustable fit for their CoRe or Relic. Something my son can do for folks.

Monte