Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help to much trash

fstop250

I am retired and now live in Panama Central America. There are on other Mders in Panama that I can get help from, so I hope someone here can help. I am new to Mding and have a MXT. My question is what is the very best coil for an area with tons of trash? Thank you for any help. fstop250......

I love the 5.3 coil. Yes, that's the coil to go with in trashy areas. Good luck and HH, Nancy

I to love the 5.3 coil, and #2 coil is the 4.5x7 Excelerator 11 PRO, this is a DD coil and will really do a job in trash. This coil goes a little deeper than the 5.3, and can be moved very slow around trash and coins.

dont forget to slow down, small sweeps around just barely a wiggle then pinpoint the target, then wiggle again and you will get more accurate readings, cherry picking the trash. with practice you can isolate signals. and yes i too like the 5.3 eclipse. learning the DD is a bit trickier to me but i can do it also, just prefer concentric coils. smaller is better sometimes.

The Eclipse 5.3 is a great coil for trashy areas. Also the last few months I have been using/trying the 5" DD excelerator coil in really trashy areas with good results.

Hey OregonGreg, have you tested the excellerator against the 5.3? i have been very curious on the excellerator. i have a 6x10 v rated DD. i still have better luck with concentrics, but would like a smaller DD. anyone want to trade? georgia soil is so much different than west coast.

Yes I use both the coils and both are great. For really trashy areas I have been having good success with the round 5" Excel. coil

Thanks guys for all the info. I knew someone could help. Thanks again you guys are great. fstop250 Panama Central America.