Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help...V3i screen went blank (solved)

SunkenWreck

Need some help...while searching, my v3i started beeping continuously then the screen went blank but was still on. I could not turn it off or get anything to come up on the screen.
Any ideas?

If I could not turn off unit with on/off on keypad , I would remove battery pack for a few minutes,

Install a charged or fressh AA battery pack , and all should be well.

This happened to me once. I forgot to charge the battery. 5 minutes into the hunt as you described. I changed pack and all was fine.

Coming from swinging a DFX I found the V3i was a bit heavier on batteries so now after making sure the rechargeable is fully charged no matter what I make sure I always have the alkali pack and spare batteries for the headphones with me.This saves unwanted grief!!

grumpyjohn said:
Coming from swinging a DFX I found the V3i was a bit heavier on batteries so now after making sure the rechargeable is fully charged no matter what I make sure I always have the alkali pack and spare batteries for the headphones with me.This saves unwanted grief!!

There are a few things one can do to help reduce battery consumption. Most importantly, adjust the brightness to the lowest level where it is still possible to read. Threshold will also have a fair impact, although you would want to keep it as low as possible anyway to avoid missing those deep whispers. Also single frequency 2.5Khz will consume more energy than any other frequency.

n/t

n/t