Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help! Wireless headphone issue has me befuddled

I have a set of Auvio wireless headphones that I just love to use with my Etrac and M6 and they work fine on the Minelab GoFind 60 as well.

Tried them on the Racer and I get sound for about 10 seconds and then it stops going through the headphones and starts going through the speaker. If I unplug and replug the headphones it still goes straight to speaker. If I turn the Racer off and immediately back on it goes straight to speaker. If I turn off both for a while, I once again get the sound for about 10 seconds in the headphones then to the speaker.

My Gray Ghost wired headphones work perfectly in the Racer. The Auvio headphones work with all my other detectors.

The Auvio setup consists of a transmitter with 1/8" male which goes into a 90 degree Radio Shack adapter with 1/8" female and 1/4" male which then plugs into the detector.. The receiver is built into the headphones.

Having been "freed" from my detector through the use of wireless headphones, I certainly don't want to go back to wired ones.

I realize there is an optional Bluetooth module available, but since I had to do some creative accounting just to get the detector, I'd hate to spend another $200 on the Racer before determining that I don't just absolutely love the machine.(Plus, I understand that ALL Bluetooth devices have a noticeable delay. Is that true?) I saw where someone had posted that he was using the Rapoo headphones successfully with the Racer and I may try that.

But I'd sure like to use the Auvio's if possible.

Any suggestions?

maybe its like the atpro issue with the auvios. try adding an inline volume control and see if it fixes the external speaker turning on problem..

I run the rapoo wireless ..it also has the receiver with 1/8 inch plug,and works fine in the racer..but they have a volume control..

I would agree on trying an inline volume control on the transmitter. I also used Avio for years...until sadly my last transmitter died...but I did run into a few detectors that did not like them until I added an inline volume control on the transmitter. Especially the Russian AKA I had did not like to run good without the volume control turned halfway down. I think the output level of the headphones was too much or it is an impedance mismatch..which may be more likely.

Or you have a bad connector....the Avio's like to break right inside the transmitter where the 1/8" jack solders to the board. Repaired that more than once.

Thanks for all the replies folks, but it seems now I've got a solution to the problem. For whatever strange reason, my Auvio earbuds work perfectly with the Racer, but I tried the headphones again and same old story.

I prefer headphones to earbuds but if earbuds are my only option to staying wireless with the Racer, I'll just have to get used to it.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

I have been running my Racer with the Auvio 33-283 and inline volume and they work great!