Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with a button?

utmike

Found the front of this two piece button in an area old enough for seated coins in Utah.

Something seems "off" about it, making me think it's civilian. I'd welcome any information. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230821_215713.jpg
    20230821_215713.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 76
Here are some examples I found in my button book… they are similar to yours, but I do not see an exact match.
If you seen one that looks like yours, let me know and I will send you the details on it.
I believe these buttons were used up until 1902.

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8360.jpeg
    IMG_8360.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
You're right. There were so many manufacturers besides Scovill/Hortsman and the like. Many were European and supplied both sides of the CW. I'm warming up to the idea mine is legit.

It looks like #2A to me. Many thanks!
2a is a big 3 piece Staff officers bubble button from the Civil War, your button is low convex (flat) 2 piece with a small Eagle. I believe your suspicion of it being civilian may be correct, possibly a modern blazer button.