Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with BHID

pacer1

Hi!
New to posting hope this works.
On my bhid when i touch the sens. knob it sounds off.
When the control box is half in half out of water it falses
3 to 4 times with every sweep. Even when waves splash on
the box and coil is not moving it falses. Any one else having this
problem. Thanks for your replies. Martin

Sounds like it needs to go in to the shop. I had one and this is not normal. I could touch any knob and waves didn't make any sound at all, something is wrong. Gene

I had a similar problem with mine. Maybe it could be the coil. While at home turn on your BHID and gently tab with your hand the coil if it make the sound like is falsing then there is something wrong and you should send it for repairs.

I had a falsing problem, even when the detector was pointed in the air and the sens knob crackled when I turned it. The coil was bad and white's replaced it quickly.

Taterhead

I have a BHID 300 and it began to false while in use.<p>The problem was with the coil wire connector at the control box.<p>
Removed the connector & wire was shorted inside the connector.<p>I guess from all the movement from the coil wire
during use.<p>Removed wire from control box cut the end of wire & replaced back and worked great.<p>I have since placed a tie-down on the coil wire at the control box to keep it from moving around so much.

HH Hope this might help.
Billy in Tenn

Thanks for the help guys. BHID is on the way for repairs.

Let you know how it works when i get it back.
Martin

Well just got my BHID back. Whites replaced coil,rep. top cover, set salt balance,rep. seal on AM switch,rep. seal on headphone and loop into case,resealed shafts on controls, rep. o-ring seal,presure tested. I don!t see how it was ever working. Tryed it out on a bare patch of grass [still 3 feet of ice on lake]. It still beeps when I touch the sens. knob. Splashed water on knobs under tap no sound so thats good. Have to wait for the lake to open up for a good test. Does anyone else have false signals when touching their sens. knob. Thanks Martin

as soon as you touch the sens it makes a little tone then stops always been that way. just get out and use it! you'll figure it all out after a few good hunts.

Thanks Beach Hunter. I was hoping that was the case. Didn!t want to have to send it in again Have to wait about 2 months before I can get in the lake. Thanks again Martin