Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with Frederick Maryland detecting info please

McClod

Hi Everyone,

I will to be traveling to Frederick Maryland on Friday Sept 26th and staying for a week. We are visiting my wife's family as she is from there, I've been there numerous times but all BEFORE I ever started detecting. I live in Oregon and out here we do not have the history Maryland does, in fact I'm lucky to find a silver coin.

I have a CTX 3030 and want to bring it with me, I know nothing of the laws and requirements or permits needed in the area but I hope to find out soon, I've thought of calling some local detecting shops in the area or a club and will probably do that but I sure would appreciate any information any of the local folks could provide, especially where it is legal to go detecting there without getting into trouble yet hopefully have a chance of finding something good.

I love finding silver coins, out here my oldest is a 1914, not old at all, but civil war relics and older coins would be my main interest. Detecting in Maryland would be a DREAM hunt for me. I know many places are off limits due to the historical nature of them, I've been to a number of the civil war sites there because I love the history, but sure hope I get a chance to detect some while I am back there. Thanks to all for replying and any advice greatly appreciated!

My name is Don and also I can be emailed at mkcloud9@gmail.com