Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with numbers

rarysgaard

Learning my machine, haven't had a lot of time to spend reading the manual yet. Can anyone help me with some good numbers for silver & gold. I know gold will vary, but trying to get a feel for corresponding numbers. I dug a quarter at 95 and nickels have been consistent at 62, but bottle caps seem to be all over the place on the numbers scale.I dug a dime at 91 I think. Also should my coins be a consistent solid sound or some scratchiness to them? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's some numbers for US coins. Keep in mind they are specific to the particular frequency that you're hunting in. If you are using one of the factory programs you can check the manual to see what frequency it uses. You can also scroll down through the Deus main menu to find it.

The silver and clad quarters (94) and silver and clad dimes (91) have the same numbers. I've found that they are all sweet sounding with very little scratchiness.

Bottle caps can vary a bit more...generally 91 thrun 95 (for the 18K) but have a very pronounced scratchiness. I mostly beach hunt and so dig them all. I try to call bottle cap/quarter to myself and have been very accurate. A deeper bottle cap can fool me once in a while but not often.

Yesterday I got a strong quarter signal with just a hint of a small scratchiness. I called it "quarter for sure" in spite of the small roughness...and guess what? Not a quarter...but a silver ring!. The front of the ring had a braided appearance and I suspect that is the cause of the slight roughness.

I've learned that ...especially with dimes...swinging too fast will introduce that scratchiness also. Slowing down gives the sweet signal.

Gold...at the 18K frequency can come in at from about high 40's for a 1.5g to just under a zinc cent for a real heavy ring. If there's a split in the ring then all bets are off..it can be just about any number and scratchy too....sorry.

HH Joe

Thanks for the numbers chart, that was very helpful. I am going to UK in October to hunt. Does any one have a smilar chart or know general numbers for hammered silvers, gold staters & slver staters?

The numbers will change with the kHz that you use, plus we have so many different sized coins here that you could miss a great find by going by the numbers. We dig all targets above iron nails here in the UK .
I will try and find out a few target numbers for you, but you will find and will be told that by discriminating out iron nails and digging every thing above iron nails you will make some nice finds.

Thanks Les from the UK, I look forward to hearing more. You're right over there I should dig everything above iron.

I agree, over in the UK target normalizing doesn't really matter, however, here in the US, having solid/stable TID's is really important to sniffing the good stuff out of the trash.

The good news, Bob, we can look forward to target normalizing in the near future because I was told XP is working on it. Once that happens, we will be re-learning where our goodies fall on the scale, but I am looking forward to that update, that's for sure. HH -Marc