Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with small brass buckle ID/possible dating

Hi all,
I found this small buckle today at my favorite local woods site in SW PA, where the oldest stuff I've found so far are a blow hole button, KG I and KG II half pennies, etc. I have reason to believe it was a tavern during war of 1812 and probably had people living on it before that, based on my finds. I've never seen anything like this buckle before, and I don't have "the buckle book", so I was wondering whether anyone might be able to help me learn more about what kind of buckle this was (knee buckle, horse tack, ??) and possibly what date range - would it be more of late 1700's, or later? All the curvatures seem to be the way that it was actually cast rather than any kind of curling or distortion from plow hits or whatever, so it has kind of a fiddle or hourglass shape to it as well as curvature along its length. The iron part/parts are of course a corroded mess here. I tried to get as many different views as possible; Barber dime is included as size gauge. Thanks in advance for any input!

Attachments

• image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 105
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg