Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help with strange object needed!

AmandaJones

I found this object in Littlehampton West Sussex UK yesterday. It was lying in the mud when the tide went out. I thought it was strange as it has six rows of definite dot markings in a pattern and a possible marking on the bottom. Underneath seems to be black/dark grey covered with an orange/tan outer coating which looks like it is cracked. It looks almost like pottery which has cracked - but the whole object is solid like a rock. It’s very heavy. I thought it was intriguing when I saw it lying in the mud as it has clear markings - but I have no idea whatsoever what it is. Any ideas?

By the way, I’m not even an amateur hunter and I wasn’t looking for anything. It is just caught my attention!

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 114
Looks like fossilized starfish

Meteorite???? Fossilized hail? You know, a whatchamacallit……

I found this object in Littlehampton West Sussex UK yesterday. It was lying in the mud when the tide went out. I thought it was strange as it has six rows of definite dot markings in a pattern and a possible marking on the bottom. Underneath seems to be black/dark grey covered with an orange/tan outer coating which looks like it is cracked. It looks almost like pottery which has cracked - but the whole object is solid like a rock. It’s very heavy. I thought it was intriguing when I saw it lying in the mud as it has clear markings - but I have no idea whatsoever what it is. Any ideas?

By the way, I’m not even an amateur hunter and I wasn’t looking for anything. It is just caught my attention!

Thanks so much.
Looks to me like a PETRIFIED FOSSIL like a Reptile egg--Snake, Turtle or Dinosaur??! Very unique find for sure! Ma