Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP!!!!

Acornhead

Hey everyone. Trying to get back into her, had a real hard year, went through a major depression, etc.didn't detect but twice last year. The year before that was my first year with the E-Trac. Manually down loaded Goes4ever's program off his website and only used that the first year. Loved the machine, found 21 seated that year alone. My thing is now I'm feeling better, ready to get back into it. I asked Goes4ever what I needed to do to add gold to my program, he said to " black out bottom from FE 25 and down." How do I do that, firstly.
Next, what is my first step to down loading programs for the E-Trac? I have the disc, and the jack. I think I read that I can't use a desk top Mac, but I do have a HP lab top. So I down load the disk, hook up the E-Trac, then what would be next to down loading some of these programs. Where do they go on the machine? I watched the video's on Goes4ever's website, but still lost.
Lastly, really want to find some gold. I had the DFX prior to the E-Trac, and she was a gold machine, not really good on silver, but I know the E-Trac finds gold, just want to set it up right. Thanks so much in advance, sure these are alot of basic questions, but I have a hard time with computers unless someone shows me. Great forum. Des in Buffalo
PS- Here are the settings I used for my first year, right from Goes4ever.
sensitivity auto +3
threshold limit just barely audible
volume limit 29
volume gain 29
response normal
tone id multi
sounds conductive
variability 29
threshold pitch 28-29 makes silver scream out
deep off
fast on
trash high
ground difficult

Good to hear your hard times are behind you now.

Can't help with downloading patterns, never done it myself. All my patterns are home-brewed!

Far as blanking out all the ferrous from ferrous 25 to 35 if i understand correctly,
You need to bring up the pattern in the SmartFind screen then go into edit screen (programming) mode for that pattern. Then modify it and either or save it or save it as another pattern.

The step by step details on how to create or modify an existing pattern is explained in the owner's manual. Namely in the 'Discrimination Menu' Chapter starting on page 42. Try following that first.
Too detailed to explain here but if you still have specific questions after trying it on your own, post them here.

In case you lost or don't have the owner's manual here's the on-line version:

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4065/4901-0065-1.3%20Instruction%20Manual%20E-Trac_Screen.pdf

I 'think' its ok to post this link, maybe not! We'll see! :confused:

Here is a walk through on installing and saving the Andy S. pattern. Once you've went through the process, you will remember it