Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Help

John D.

Hello All,
First off, I know absolutely nothing about GPS units. However my hobby is metal detecting, and I am beginning to find myself getting farther and farther from my vehicle on each hunt. I have been lost in the woods before and I would not like to experience it again. I need a GPS system that I can use both as a road map for the highway and to get me out of the woods. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Seems to me that GARMIN is a great name in GPS units, however there are so many to choose from that I am left totally confused.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Your Friend,

Hi John,
I have had a quite a few Garmins and so far with no problems. The first was a GPS38, GPSII+, GPS72, GPS76, GPSmap76, and my latest is a GPSmap76CX and I love it. The GPSmap76CX has met all my expectations and then some. I would recommend 60Cx-CSX 76CX-CSX, these units all have pretty well the same features and are also capable of using external antenna which increases signal strength in heavy cover.
Hope this helps,
Rick