Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc(NB)

I recently got my sunray battery pack rebuilt,by a private company.Now my Q12 charger may not be charging
my pack properly.It will hold the charge for only about 15 hours. As Iam not a tech guy I need your help.My old pack 1650 mAH(I believe)held at least 27 hours.Here are the specs from my charger.........120VAC 60 Hz,output 400 mA, charge 10mA trickle.My new pak is rated 2400 mAh 12 volts(10x1.2 volts),Ni-MH .As I plug my pac in after 5 minutes the steady charge kicks off ,then the trickle charge takes over.I know that this pak should last at least 40 plus hours.Now is this charger to small?If so what shall I look for when buying a new one?Thanks.BTW on my pak it says that its only to be used for NI cads

I use one of these and they work great on my Explorer battery packs. They have adjustable contacts for different packs. Also comes with an output cable with alligator clip that can also be adapted to fit the plugs of other packs.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mh-c777plus.htm

Jeff

As a stopgap measure, if you have a 12 DC output device, such as the radio shack Micronta Regulated 12 volt power supply (AC to DC), then adapt your car charger to the power supply. I went to the newer
duracell rechargeable AA and use an older Rayovac battery charger, the one that is supposed to charge in one hour, and I use the regular battery holder that comes with the Explorer. They hold a charge longer than I care to detect, I usually put them in twice to make sure they are fully charged.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have seen this happen on the Q-12 at times where I know it shouldn't shut down that fast. Now what we have done when this happen is to unplug it and plug it in again to reset it and in most cases it will work and fully charge. I notice this more on some of the replacement batteries and wonder if they can not take the 400 MHA and shuts the charger down as they show charged. Give it a try and see if it will help you.

Hi Rick Ive did the plug and unplug several times last night,it still does the same to goes back to trickle charge a few minutes later.I looked around today for a charger..what size of charger should i buy that would do the job,one that is rated 12 volts 2400mha?Thanks for your help.HH

I have several different charger I use depending on the type of batteries or packs i use. If this was a Sun Ray pack it must be for a Sovereign or Excalibur so they have to be charged all at once in a pack. Some like my Explorer I use a 2600 Mha so I have a charger I can charge individual and see how each one charges so I know I have a weak one or not. I also have a Sun Ray SR 12 charger which I use too, but these are not being made anymore. Now if it is a pack where you have to charge them all together one of the chargers i use is built to the batteries you are going to be using, this is the one I have which takes around 10-12 hours to charge my 2600 Mha batteries and seems to work real good, but I see they went up a bit on price as they were $48 and now it looks like $58
http://www.batteryweb.com/powersonic_ni_chargers.cfm

thanks for the info Rick.I have the Q12 charger.I will give it another go and if it doesnt pan out will have to dish out more for another new charger.HH BTW I have the sov battery pack rebuilt.