Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Helpfull tip ! care for wire end connecters

Black Davy

One of the first things that anyone will find out is that you need keep small grains of sand, dust, etc out from your threaded connections and rubber O rings. The O ring lube is like a magnet for the sand. You dont need to get any leaks from sand cutting your O rings.

So with that I have been using water ballons to wrap the headphone and coil wire ends. This keeps them nice and clean and free of the dreaded sand, dust or whatever. You can get a nice big bag of them from the dollar store.

I had a tough time getting my big old fingers to open the tiny balloon opening enough to start it over the connector, much less get it over the large nut too!! Add a little silicone grease to the mix and I had a few choice words for you guys and your ideas!!! (Sorry guys for all those bad things I was thinking!!!)

I solved the problem by slipping the 3" jaws of my old needle nose pliers gently into the tiny opening of the balloons and opening the jaws to spread the balloon open enough to slip it all the way over the connector. It took a few tries to get it right, but it soon became easy for me and my old fingers to do.

Your ideas are great friends!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

GL&HH To All,

Cupajo