Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here a Story for ya!

tenedy

Well its been a while that i have posted anything. A Lot's been going on recently. I just lost my job, just like many others out there. At least i got a decent separation package, and i will be able to collect unemployment until my job search produces a new career for me. Well this past weekend I had an opportunity that i will never have a chance to relive again. My grandmother had tuned 90 and myself, my father, step mom, uncle, aunt, three great aunts and a few really good family friends had a chance to alltogether and celebrate in her honor. In my grandmothers' home town of Portage Pa. It was a great time and the gag gifts my great aunts gave my grandmother even made her blush. (not bad for a lady who's 90 and mothered two sons 6 grandchildren and has 12 great grandchildren) Okay now for the metal detecting part. In her back yard i had a chance to swing the coil and I found 2 Wheat's and boy they are in bad shape. One you cant even make out a date and the other is a 1936. Those simple Penny's now are among my most prised finds to date, just for the simple fact they were found in my grandmothers yard. They moved in that house in 1949. My dad then took me to the old football stadium parking lot that's been a round for a while. There too i had a chance to "show him up" i found a few more coins then him. But the memories i made this weekend will last me me forever. I been doing a lot of thinking and that weekend was just plain and simple awesome. Then when i got home I picked up the penny saver and found this....

Mayonnaise jar and the 2 beers
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 Beers .

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.

The sand is everything else---the small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

'Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.. Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.' The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.'

So there you go one weekend and few memories that i will never forget.
Sorry to ramble but i wanted to share with all my Friends.

Tom