Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here and there,this and that

I've finally been able to log some run time with my EXP II.
I've checked out a couple of fresh areas around 1800's farm homes and a couple of parks that I haven't hunted since the good 'ol days with my Whites 6000-D.
It's been a strange stroll down memory lane to be sure !
I've included a few shots of some interesting items I've found, but neglected to include the hand fulls of non-valuables and modern coins that got dug along the way.
My impressions of the EXP II ??
It can be amazingly sensitive to minute bits of metal under the right conditions.
In a couple of heavily searched locations,I was finding .22 and .32 cal bullets down 3-5 inches.
It is also one of the weirdest sounding machines I've ever heard; but like it's been said on this forum:
Give it time and learn what the machine is telling you.
So my goal was to minimize the ferrous finds and maximize the non-ferrous ones figuring that if I can consistently locate any deep non-ferrous items,the coins will come if they are there.
Of course the ubiquitous pull tabs reared their ugly little heads along with shredded aluminum cans,but I figured better to dig a few of those to avoid missing any gold or jewelry.
About the photos, the 1865 Indian was about 5 inches down in a hard hunted park that I pulled numerous coins from back in the day.
The bridle rosette was probably 8 to 9 inches down,and isn't anything valuable, but I thought it was neat that the dog image was still in such good shape.
The 1811 (or is it 1814?) large cent came from a cultivated field next to an old farm house and I'd like to say it was 12 inches down,but I'd be lying.
I saw it laying in the dirt between the corn stubbles before the detector had a chance to pick it up.
The field was filthy with scrap iron and shredded aluminum foil and cans,so it was a lucky chance find.
It's a pity the coin is in the shape it's in , as these Classic head cents can be valuable if in good shape.
I think this one got knocked around by the plow and spring harrow too many times.
Anyway,I've seen a lot of potential sites in my renewed travels and hope to get to door knocking soon !
H.H. to all
Randy

Great digs, :beers: I'm still waiting for a classic head LC.

n/t