Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here Are All My Chains So Far Found In The Water With The ATX.

John-Edmonton

Staff member
I have logged about 50 hours so far in the water with the ATX. Below are my chains which I have found using the stock DD coil.

Cool!
Very encouraging.
Thanks for your time and efforts.
Much appreciated!

John,

Excuse me if I'm wrong....but it looks like 2 of the 3 chains have more detectable pieces of metal hooked to them.
So could be misleading for 'chain hunters'....

The rings speak for themselves!

Cheers,

Tye

Yes, the Mickey Mouse one has a fairly large piece on it, the one has some cheap flowers on it and the one has a mechanical clasp and the gold has nothing on it. These are what I found, and the gold one is obvious the best one, suggesting that the ATX can pick up chains. The gold chain is made up of the smallest links of the bunch and has no larger conductive piece on it. I have no doubt that hunters who like to search for chains are aware of what's on all the chains. Chains are difficult to detect for many reasons. Sometimes the chain is covering the clasps and/or whatever is attached to the chain and as the clasp or medallion will sink first bringing along the chain behind it (above it) still making it hard to detect.

Thanks for pointing this out Tye......sometimes some posts need further discussion to clarify the point being made.

All the best!

John

John-Edmonton said:
Yes, the Mickey Mouse one has a fairly large piece on it, the one has some cheap flowers on it and the one has a mechanical clasp and the gold has nothing on it. These are what I found, and the gold one is obvious the best one, suggesting that the ATX can pick up chains. The gold chain is made up of the smallest links of the bunch and has no larger conductive piece on it. I have no doubt that hunters who like to search for chains are aware of what's on all the chains. Chains are difficult to detect for many reasons. Sometimes the chain is covering the clasps and/or whatever is attached to the chain and as the clasp or medallion will sink first bringing along the chain behind it (above it) still making it hard to detect.

Thanks for pointing this out Tye......sometimes some posts need further discussion to clarify the point being made.

All the best!

John

Excellent answer John.

Cliff

John,

Thanks for the enlightenment about chain hunting.

I am mostly a nugget hunter so it was more of a question than a statement.
I should've added the ?

Cheers!

Tye