Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here I be Uncle Willy

parrott

I have used Garrett detectors over the many years... I still have an early non ADS VLF/TR coinhunter;
one of the first of the original groundhog line 15.8 kHz It was then advertised as a coin machine
until a few early pathfinders let it be known about its nugget hunting ability... at Quartzsite...and elewhere.

I still have one of the first Gold Stingers... about # 23(?) off the line... and I still have one of the first
"test" Infiniums and even one of the first "production" Infinums... I bought all of them...No gifts...

I even have a 250, but I can't get it back from one of my grandaughters.

Uncle Willy and I go back many years... I can vouch for him... he is one smart guy. He has been a true
friend for many years...

I will stop by occasionally and say... Howdy... Keep this forum rolling and friendly... no sour notes needed.

Jim Straight

Good to here from you Jim...another informative post from all that history in your head. Did you ever get to use that big 14" mono for the Infinium? thoughts on it if so?

Do you have one of those 4.5 coils for the Scorpion you could part with? I bet that is one crispy hot coil...:garrett:

Alan

Hi There Jim!
It's a pleasure to have you on board! You are one of my all time metal detecting mentors, I'm a big fan and love your books!

Kept my Au52 And Au2000 because of some earlier post you made.

Cheers!
PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett:

Alan, Here is one for you buddy,NEW!: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=garrett+4.5+goldhunter

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett:

Wow!:surprised:Great to see Jim Straight on here!:thumbup:I've read all of your books and articles(that I know of)and I certainly appreciate you sharing in your experiences with us fellow nugget shooters:detecting: That's funny, I have one of those old VLF/TR Groundhog Coinhunters. I have the Coinhunter BFO, too. It's fun to swing them around from time to time. Yeah, I got that Scorpion within the first year that it came out...91? Got that LS when it came out, too! Well, anyway, it is nice to see you on here and I feel I owe you a debt of gratitude for being such a good teacher. Thank you.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Jimbo my dear bud I'm so happy to see you here. I knew you have had a Scorpion since it came over on the Mayflower :) and your unlimited experience with it will sure be of help to we the less informed. Your knowledge and expertise as a miner, prospector, nuggetshooter, geologist, teacher, and author is legend and we're proud to have you and hope you will be a frequent visitor to our little group.. Thanks for coming.

Bill