Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here I tis again

Uncle Willy

Thought I'better check in. B een too sick and exhausted to even get on the puter. W ent in for the botox treatment and for the first two days thought it had failed as every thing I at e or drank came right back up. So figured I was ready to have a feeding tube installed in my gut or die over the next bfew weeks of starvation.The doc gave me a hospice summary in case I chose that route. The n all of a sudden today I was able to eat like a normal person. So maybe things are looking up. I may have to have the tube installed anyway to get my health back. I'm so skinny I can wrap my thumb and forefinger around my bicep and touch my fingertips with room to spare. Before I could only wrap my entire hand halfway around that bicep. So I'm baasically a Halleween scarecrow but I'm going to get back in shape one way or another. Anyway that,s where I am at this point in time - hovering between life and death.

Bill

[size=large]chose life. by the way how's the wife faring? i understand her health isn't much better'n yours.

HH[/size]

It's really good to hear from you Bill. You sure have been on a pretty wild ride. It's great to hear that at least you have some movement in the right direction. You sure have had the stuffing knocked clean out of you. It'll be great to get some of your health back real soon, with better improvements over time. :thumbup:
Mick Evans.:ausflag:

Uncle Willy said:
Thought I'better check in. B een too sick and exhausted to even get on the puter. W ent in for the botox treatment and for the first two days thought it had failed as every thing I at e or drank came right back up. So figured I was ready to have a feeding tube installed in my gut or die over the next bfew weeks of starvation.The doc gave me a hospice summary in case I chose that route. The n all of a sudden today I was able to eat like a normal person. So maybe things are looking up. I may have to have the tube installed anyway to get my health back. I'm so skinny I can wrap my thumb and forefinger around my bicep and touch my fingertips with room to spare. Before I could only wrap my entire hand halfway around that bicep. So I'm baasically a Halleween scarecrow but I'm going to get back in shape one way or another. Anyway that,s where I am at this point in time - hovering between life and death.

Bill
Damn, Bill, my worst fears. Please hang in there, old pal.

they say "It's hard to keep a good man down" Bill. Let's hope we're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. If sheer guts and determination count, then I reckon you've got a bloody good chance. Looking forward to more good news, but I guess the rate of improvement will be steady. A lot of people out here (in detectorland) are thinking of you. Get well!

Praying you'll get your appetite back and recover from this illness. You and your family are in our constant prayers. Hang tough.

Bill OL' BUDDY... Jim straight here. Unable to contact you... need your current mailing address... please let me know as I have something to return to you... Your old friend of 40+ years JS

John... still trying to get Bill's mailing address. We are old friends... I have something to mail him...
Jim Straight

Hang in there Bill.....we are all rooting for you !!

Here's my Bill Revis story for you, UW. I lurked here for about 3-4 months before I joined. It took my first bad detecting encounter to get me to sign on. I needed support from fellow hobbyists at that time. Some time after that I decided to post photos from a hunt. Frankly, I was not all that good at detecting at that time. I was still using a small spade instead of a less intrusive blade or screwdriver to recover targets. I can't remember what I found on that hunt but I got a few responses to my post. The one that has stuck in my mind is that you replied that I had a bright future treasure hunting. I'd never thought in those terms before and your motivation really got me going. Maybe it was that innocent bit of encouragement that turned me into the monster that I've become! Of course I now realize you make that same comment to a lot of newbies, but you made me feel good about myself at that time. Thanks for that, Bill.

You'll feel better. You'll gain the weight back and regain your strength. I'm convinced you'll swing your AT Pro and once again encourage me to get better. You have a bright future, my friend,.

Chris

Glad to hear from you Bill. Hope things are turning around for the better now. Your in our thoughts and prayers.

love you bill HOPE U GET BETTER :clapping:. I AM OFFICALY PUTTING UR NAME on my detector .i know you dont know me ,but i read so much from you and everyone here . u are what it is about this hobby .
man u are STRONG HANG IN THERE BUDDY GOD BLESS YOU

TOMMY

Well I tried to get Bill's current address. No help. So I mailed the package to Uncle Bill's 2008 address.Likely
it is the same... I sure hope Uncle Willy is at home... I really miss him... his nephew Jim